Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

I know this was asked long time ago. (by me too) but I haven't found any elegant solution to achieve this.

basically what I need is the core functionality in GH to process data and use it to drive Maya's Poly Object. I was wondering if there is a bridge that can do this or perhaps someone working on it?

Maya Node Editor (which is similar to GH) is very destructive and most of my lovely nodes (or components) only exist in GH. 

if you must ask why, it is because it is often for architect to start from poly(or mesh)-based subdivision for organic + hardsurface modelling. and Rhino SubD is still in its infant state. (the WIP) .so modelling SUbD in other software is still common and I believe will still continue even after RHino 6 is out. 

so a Bridge to Maya Core would be a good idea I think? or maybe Im the only who ever asked this?

sorry for being too blunt. 

Cheers.

Views: 3546

Replies to This Discussion

There are now two ways to translate better from mesh to NURBS, in detail, despite your deep desire for an ideal world:

Vastly improved ZBrush ZRemesher and my new quad mesh script that avoids ZBrush, both workflows relying on T-Splines to round the NURBS surfaces  together.

http://www.grasshopper3d.com/photo/mesh-to-nurbs-polysurface-conver...

RSS

About

Translate

Search

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service