Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hello I have recently came across the "Entry Paradise Pavilion" in Germany and was wondering whether someone could point me in good direction on how to model it using grasshopper? I would like to be able to move centerpoints of the nodes as well as their thickness and length.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Views: 78655

Replies to This Discussion

thanks a lot!

With the new version of Kangaroo plus WeaverBird and UTO's mesh tools, generating something like this can be very simple

• Start by blocking out the topology of your structure in Rhino with simple mesh boxes (with just 1 face per side)
  • Boolean the boxes together
  • Explode, remove the top and bottom faces, then rejoin
You can then use the definition shown above to subdivide then relax it, while keeping the edges restrained.

here are the files for the demo above
Attachments:

hi 

i am still a newbie at gh and i cant adjust the tension in the definition (i think it is the rest length).. the final mesh just won' t change.

My final mesh is incurved toward the outside instead of the inside like your picture.

By the way, thank you for your definition.

Hi Aito,

I don't understand what you mean by 'incurved toward the outside'

could you post a screenshot ?

i mean the surface is convex instead of concave. 

It looks like you haven't run the relaxation yet.

To start it, switch the SimulationReset toggle to False then switch on the timer. Once it has reached equilibrium switch off the timer again.

thank you very much for all.

I couldn' t suceed to activate correctly the simulation in rhino 5 but it works perfectly in Rhino 4.

You should come visit the future exhibition of Zaha Hadid in Paris april-may. You will have an agreable surprise with the exosqueletons.

hey,

any idea so far what happened to the definition? I also have the same problems, the shape looks really weird, like yours!

I also get the same error message like Arhtur Mani on the next page:

Output parameter chunk is missing. Archive is corrupt.

what does it mean?

hope someone might help me/us!?

Hi,

I'm interested in surface minimization as well. I've exhausted nearly all forum post on the subject. 

I'm having the same issues. The shape in convex rather than concave. When I toggle the boolean function the mesh deforms and is barely recognizable. When I enable the timer how will I know when it has reached equilibrium?

I attached the error message I receive when opening the definition. Also I included an image of the the mesh with the points component selected. I'm not sure if the points are correct. I thought the points were supposed to be on the edges of the mesh's openings. 

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help.

I've been strugglin' to figure minimal surfaces out.

Attachments:

I think this might be caused by the Mesh Naked Edges component.

UTO changed the order of the outputs at some point since this definition was first posted (but kept the same GUID for it, so when you open an older file, the component is still there, just with its connections messed up).

Try deleting that component and replacing it (it is supposed to select which item numbers from the list of vertices are on the boundary of the mesh and set them as anchors).

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service