Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

How to add decay to self interfering ripples !

Hey guys,

I've created some self interfering ripples (image1) and am trying to add a DECAY function to the ripples to control the interference pattern and not just have it exist infinitely across the surface. (image2). i.e. I want the ripples to eventually fade out to flat (z=0) and be able to control how quickly/how close to the point that happens!

I found a script tackling this here --> http://www.grasshopper3d.com/forum/topics/how-to-generate-a-sine-co...

although I can't seem to be able to connect it to my script and have it add decay!

image 1

image2

I'm attaching both rhino and GH files please feel free to play around with them and send through!

Here's a close up of the script:

Much appreciated :)

Era

Views: 9888

Replies to This Discussion

The final piece is 50"long x11.5 wide x 1.25 thick. I am still stuck on getting the gh file baked into Rhino so that I can save .stl.

Here is my tweaked gh and the rhino file.  Also, I am not sure why the bottom right GH "contour" box is red.

Attachments:

Your Rhino file has nothing but three points?  And your GH file completely ignores those three points and your desired final dimensions?  You have some work to do to adapt this to your project.

I added a red group around the disabled 'Contour' component to indicate that:

1. 'Contour' is disabled and
  2. it's SLOW!

Hi guys,

How can I get same effect for the ripple especially at the point where the wall and ceiling connected, see attached image

Thanks for the help in advance

Attachments:

You could read and understand the code that has been posted.  The ceiling and wall are two different surfaces.  Adapt and overcome!!

Thanks Joseph for the reply...

Indeed, I tried 1 point attractor, subdivide the surface then moved the points to a certain offset value affected by the force using graph mapper and created a ripple surface then I projected the lines on the resulted surface and loft it and extrude it with a thickness....the problem is that when applying same process on the second wall it will not succeed, I took in considerations the vectors should be changed but even though, the loft will have a problem resulting crossed surface

I attached Rhino and GH files

Attachments:

RSS

About

Translate

Search

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service