Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

hello!! I am trying to make a hexagonal tessellation on a trimmed 3D surface, but here is the problem. All hexagons must have the same size. (or almost the same(?))

I tried using Lunchbox, but it doesn't seem to work.

I am using attractors later on to define the radius of circles inside the hexagons, as you can see in the definition, so it would be good to control the size of the hexagons.

Views: 10227

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

No ... you need to understand what volatile data are and what persistent data are: the moment that you change some node the whole solution (the node tree, that is) is recomputed and ... the previous modification is lost in the cyber space (not to mention an ability to store ALL your trials towards the Monaco auction and/or recall some and/or ... whatever).

But this is something easily addressable via the Dark Side (results are astonishing, he he). But ... there's a lot of other reasons about why the only way the Dark way IS.

Open your mail (and phone me after 5pm) > on the fly clash defection is easy busy but ... what MERO parameters are you using? Therefor DO NOT attempt to use the point to line connectivity tree (for attempting some trigonometry based clash check thingy, that is).

BTW: Serving as demo ... the known static truss (3dPDF and pics): the one with the "spine".

BTW: the most important thing is NOT the truss: is the mounting columns (for some dynamic, random and WOW appearance > you'll need the Dark Side for these)

I will call you soon, I contacted Mero and they sended me some pdf with some specifications (not much)

BTW. do we really need mero kk balls? we just need a (big) robo-printer to make the truss!

We need MERO because we do a tour de force thingy > the best of the best, that is (obviously there's other reasons as well [your truss is not a toy, you know, he he] ... Anyway to indicate the "potential" possibilities (for some other future cases NOT that one) I've provided the link with the decorative objects clash puzzles).

BTW: Did I've mentioned that the truss is utterly undoable  (in real-life) without the Dark Side? No I guess ... silly me (blame Alzheimer). If so why I encourage you to try it? The honorable badge man ... that's why (the only way the hard way IS.. blah, blah).

Open your mail : BTW: just a demo before the pro thingy: I've used a simple clash check:

double minAngle = Math.Atan(strutR/strutStart) ...

... where strutR is the obvious and strutStart is the distance from the ball center to the strut start (per node). Yellow spheres indicate the impossible (where clash occurs > using solely trigonometry > fast as a Dino 246 driven with Greek gusto). 

I downloaded this plug-in rabbit to make the trees. they might not be the "real" trees but the concept is the same. we don't harm the trees, real on not :P

Attachments:

Hmm ... not actually what the Lord would recommend.

Get some Dark Side stuff to keep you occupied this weekend, he he ... and check your mail: added some capabilities more to that clash detection thingy with regard singularities. This thing is for your eyes only.

Why may you ask? Well ... when we mount MERO things ... we don't use a ball on the ground ... thus technically the columns are a bunch of "singular" items (i.e. things that from the one side are connected to some node but on the other are connected to thin air (to the mounting plate, actually)).

more (the WOW interactive thingy promised) soon.

Attachments:

ok thanks!

btw I started learning C# so my weekend will be really full :P

Re-open your mail > the Dark Side VS trusses (any Surface List + 1001 options to get that Dino 246 [the pink one] in just 123 easy steps).

The last demo surface is the one used in the demo pics.

Learning the path to glory eh? Excellent. I'll mail you some stuff (about 100) to start walking the walk. It's paramount to  pay attention to LINQ examples (a bit slow way to do business  but why bother?) and to the ones related with slider control.

it's vodka time I guess :P

ok thanks for them too! :) I am ready to join the dark side!!

78 demo cases mailed. In the mean time that ... thing ... still does the stupid propaganda (but if/when I find him > no mercy).

that hippie guy again? :P

peter check your mail. It took me a while, but finally I finished with all the demos you sent me a couple of days ago. So I tried moving the nodes (without slider control) and you guessed it, it doesn't work for some reason so I sent it to you like that to get the idea of what I wanted to try.

the idea I had is to move the nodes on a theoretical sphere until we get it right. if it doesn't work we make the sphere bigger and try again. and so on..

due to the lack of c# skills (1st try) I can't make it work and I thing I am doing something wrong with the public void (which I don't know if I should/can use it like that)

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service