Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

hello!! I am trying to make a hexagonal tessellation on a trimmed 3D surface, but here is the problem. All hexagons must have the same size. (or almost the same(?))

I tried using Lunchbox, but it doesn't seem to work.

I am using attractors later on to define the radius of circles inside the hexagons, as you can see in the definition, so it would be good to control the size of the hexagons.

Views: 10233

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Restart from Node 0: The White Side + US Navy Seals/Marines et all.

Ever heard these elite fellas? How they treat a novice? (the very hard way, he he). Why they do that? To find if he's worthy for the honor that's why. (In our case is the Lord's army of shadows little thingy).

So get these (relative items is the BEST way to do trusses using the White Side) and give them a spin.

But ... if the White Side has ... er ... this (he can't even speak English) as Numero Uno ... well ...

Moral: the only way is the hard way.

Attachments:

the only way the hard way IS

I managed to make the solid truss without turning to the white side!

• I downloaded sandbox but I didn't use it for the truss, rather I just checked if there are correct connections :/
  • I didn't know how to do clash detection so.. I made a definition that tests if the visible members intersect (and make construction impossible).
    btw. what is the size of the mero kk?
  • we have to deal with olive trees which cover a large area due to the fact that no one is pruning them
  • if we trim the truss we will have to make it dencer don't we?
  • we could spend the money of the canopy for the 250LM (the greek way like you said :P )
  • for 3d scanning autodesk has the app 123D Catch!
  • if we are talking for real time 3D scanning I have something else in mind but requires coding so you might be interested to include it, in on of your own projects some day! 

OK

• Clash detection > I'll mail you some Dark Side stuff
  • No trim > just ensure that the struts don't bother the olive trees
  • In fact (the Greek way) you can omit the truss (*), the flooring (*) and pretty much alll things (*) - 250 LM although I would highly recommend a  Dino 246 as follows:

(*) obviously with the cash of the project in our pockets.

ok thanks!

yeah sure!! but would we have enough money?

BTW: I don't do business in Greece (what for?) but in some rare occasions I work with Ericos (METRICA): always a pleasure to work with a real pro.

BTW: For clash stuff (although for decorative objects not AEC MERO things - but the "concept" is the same [trigonometry]) read and enjoy:

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.grasshopper3d.com/forum/top...

BTW: Dino (so named by Enzo in memory of his beloved son [Dino Ferrari]) is not actually rated as a real Ferrari thus we can get 2 for less than 100k (the pink for you, the red for me). But Less is always more > eternal elegance, utterly chic and easy to service.

focus to this first (and get the gist of the MERO connecting bolt clash issue with this image).

Attachments:

I get the logic of how the mero connecting ball is working, for example in the photo you uploaded, if we increase the radius of the ball we won't have a problem (or would we?)

but my question is this, does mero produce balls in every size we want? or it has some fixed sizes?

also 2 cm deep in the ball is enough?

the definition I made has an output (true/false) in case of a class issue, but I still have to fix it manually

Well ..

• This truss is about elegance and finesse: even the slightest (unnecessary) increase could yield a BMW 7 series (uglier executive saloon ever known to man).
  • MERO does anything ... provided that the anything is ... big enough to ring them any bell (MERO owns the world, remember that).Make them a long distance call (and avoid mentioning the Ferrari thingy).
  • 2-4cm are OK depending on the loads, topology, ball size et all.
  • for the by book clash parameters see attached.
  • US Navy Seals "welcome" test: open the stuff mailed: you have the pt to lines connectivity tree: Question is ... by what means you compare apples to apples in order to compute the angle? (i.e. the "related" pairs of struts with respect the truss topology). Hard as nails? It's because the badge is honorable, that is.

• US Marines "welcome" test: Well ... by what means you can vary nodes (on a per node basis) in order to avoid disturbing the olive tree branches? Same applies to the mounting "random" columns.
  • Lord's Army of Shadows test: well this is a AEC thingy, yes? And we intend(?) to do it perfectly right, yes? (and pigs do fly) Following what sort of specs? Greek ATOE? (laughable). US CSI ? (yes). How to make the related articles?  Using what BIM software?
Attachments:

I have an idea on how to manipullate the nodes but I don't know if it is possible :P

what if I make 2 surfaces with the points/nodes I have (one with the upper and one with the lower points) and move the points-nodes on this surface. that way the overall topology of this truss won't change

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service