Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone knows how to create surfaces on top of the hexagon grids, and if it is possible can it only be covering some grids instead of the whole form. The definition of the hexagon grids are attached below and the picture of what I want it to be like.

Thanks!

Views: 2798

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Hi! Tizia.

How about Voronoi instead of hexagon? Voronoi is not the same geo of water cube, but it looks more closer than hexagon.

If you can use Kangaroo and Lunchbox plug-in, you can easily get inflated mesh surf.(of course, you can adjust the strength of inflation & replace Voronoi to hexa grid.)

Hi Hyungsoo! 

This is it, thanks! But I'm not familiar with the symbols of the script (for an example mesh, planar, etc) if you don't mind can I see the picture with writings on it?

Thanks again!

Here it is.

You need 3 Plug-ins,  Lunchbox for frame, Kangaroo for Mesh inflation, and Weaverbird for Mesh smoothing. Good luck!

Thanks Hyungsoo, but im not sure why my weaverbird doesnt work. i downloaded the latest version but it still doesnt work. is it possible to replace the weaverbird with something else?

Thanks!

You should unblock the files before installation.

hi hyungsoo,

Im wondering if you know a way to make planar honeycomb? i tried to make it but it is not planar so it could not be fabricated using mdf. I would really need your help for this!

Thanks Hyungsoo!

I've a look into your def. but I'm not sure this is what you want.

You'll need TTToolbox plug-in(unfold component).

You can download files from "here"

PW:1234

Hi Hyungsoo! Thank you very much for your help. So now the surface are planar already? when I fabricate it, it is very hard to stick because it is not planar. In the first image, you unroll the surface already, but it is not in the file you attached?

Thank you!

and which one can I bake to create the form in rhino, because i need to unroll the surfaces in rhino, or is there any way to unroll the surface straight away in grasshopper? and in the picture of the script on top, the one u circle pink on the bottom is not in the script, what component is that?

sorrryy for asking too much, I need help for this, thanks a lot Hyungsoo!

The files are no longer available. Any chance we could access that again?

Seems like u r using mesh machine as well, which i am unable to find

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service