Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Having difficulty reading ADXL345 accelerometer through Firefly

Hi, everyone 

To begin with, my intention is to create a rectangular physical device that can be adjusted in length and angle with accelerometers (ADXL345 connected to Arduino) attached to each corners of the  device which then sends the X Y Z coordinates of each angle through Firefly to move Points in Rhino 5 and create a live-modeled shape,

What I'm dealing with right now is Firefly components in Grasshopper won't read the coordinates data of the accelerometer  (basically the output is 0<empty>). When I used ADXL345 Sensortest code in Arduino IDE it was able to read the X Y Z, therefore I dont think it's any problem with the hardware. I'm wondering does it have anything to do with the code in Arduino IDE, Firefly stuff or my wiring. Right now I just need Grasshopper to be able to live read the X Y Z coordinate from the accelerometer.

Views: 527

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Where you ever able to solve this problem??

In case people are still struggling with this, you have to first upload standard firmata to Arduino board, then upload the adxl345 code. Then open GH and depending on your syntax from Adruino IDE, you should get an xyz. 

RSS

About

Translate

Search

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service