Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

I'm new to grasshopper. I found grasshopper has changed quite a lot. It's hard to follow the examples of the primer's books (The Grasshopper Primer_Second Edition.pdf )which was written with version 0.6.0059. When writting VB scripts, I can't get the classs like On3dPoints. Should I use that version(I'm somewhat unwilling to do that) for learning, or is there an migration guide available?

So I'm here expecting guides from you.

Views: 827

Replies to This Discussion

I would prefer a redacted version of a long thread that just covered the essential stuff. So rather than have the link to the thread to go and read through, have the post give the answer directly and maybe have the other links as further reading at the end.
processing is of course a little bit different issue because of implicit nature of working in opposition to grasshopper which is very clear and explicit. so the best way of learning things in GH is by making Your own things and just trying components and gradually making more complex networks (instead of making examples or excercise made by someone else). and that is the place were wiki comes with help when You get stuck. maybe there could be something like connection between help about components and examples made by users(like it is in Pure Data where help is made of just another patch)
I have a GH help project that I briefly started, but then put on the backburner. It was a web site where every GH component had its own page with helpfile content and links. I was going to use it to organize the help content I was developing for workshops. But then I thought it would be better as a collaborative project for the Cloud. But then I had no time and left it sitting. Here is a link to the partially-constructed navigation, which is a duplication of the GH toolbar:

http://chriswilkins.com/gh/

This is so rough that I would not usually post a link publically, but since this discussion is so relevant to it, I figure I'd better put it out there, and see if there is any interest, since I might not get to it otherwise. It is simply a program that datascrapes the GH exported help file data and populates a database. The database schema allows for multiple GH versions to be supported (although it is only showing whatever version was posted during the summer). Help content would be added to the pages by the Cloud.

-Chris
With some friends of mine we've maked, some months ago, a wiki to explore geometry and computational design with GH and other tools.

We have organized information in two layers: "explicit" and "implicit". You can look at the begining in main page and you can, for example, explore wiki using GH components.

Scrolling down in the main page you'll find other section with general concepts in computational design: panelling, meshing, Dig-fab, packing, and so on.

We've used Mediawiki (Wikipedia software). Sintax is a little bit tricky for people who never have writed code or simple forum sintax, but in this comunnity I think that this is not a big deal. In mediawiki you can relation post by topic, categories or tags; you can comment people contribution, create informaton is very simple and fast...but if you are not a good boy and leave your pants in your bedroom floor soon wiki could be a mess.

I don't know if this information could be usefull in this topic, but I hope so.

I think that chris GH wiki could be a perfect first layer in this concept.

Best Regards.

Ángel Linares.
http://www.lookinglass.us/vray4rhinoWiki/tiki-index.php

This guy has maked a wiki about Vray for Rhino. Sometimes post have been redacted by herself but sometimes he put some links to content that is already created.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service