the first version of the Grasshopper 0.8 series is available for download. The reason we rolled the minor version number is because clusters are available again (yay).
I'm off to work with the core McNeel team in Seattle for about 2 months tomorrow and I wanted to release this before I left. It's a bit rushed, clusters are definitely not as 'finished' as I'd like them to be, but there should be enough there for some good old customer feedback at least.
First a basic new features and bug list, then the warning section. If you don't read the warning section you forfeit any rights to complain about this new release.
● Added a new Cluster Object. This is very young code, expect big (quite possibly breaking) changes in the future.
● Added auto-panning to Drag Object and Draw Wire interactions.
● Added canvas curl UI for drag+drop options.
● Added default values to the Quad-Face and Tri-Face components.
● Added a Tree Split component for separating out branches.
● Drag+Drop with text content now creates a new Panel.
● Curve data can now convert from a Surface/Brep with a single closed edge loop.
● Added runtime message balloon feedback.
● VB and C# script components now update immediately when typehints are changed.
● VB and C# script components now update immediately when input parameter access is changed.
● MoveForward and MoveBackwards arrange options are now available.
● Added a Grasshopper Version field to the status bar.
● GraphMapper can now adjust intervals, points and vectors in addition to just numbers.
● Parameter disconnection menu items now highlight the connection in question on mouse-over.
○ The menu short-cuts for Find and Move Forward were both Ctrl+F. Find is now F3.
○ Any Undo operation would wreck the Redo stack, this no longer happens.
○ Fixed a bug with automatic tooltip resizing.
○ Fixed an erroneous "app" autocomplete member in the C# and VB script members.
○ Fixed a bug in the CurveCurve intersection SDK code that occured with overlaps.
○ Fixed a bug in the PointList display component with stale point data.
○ Fixed a nasty bug with stale document caches and undo/redo.
○ Custom Preview Meshes would always draw wires regardless of the Grasshopper view setting. This is fixed.
The Aforementioned Warning Section
This pertains mostly to clusters. At present there's no way yet to edit the contents of a cluster. You can make clusters from a selection by clicking on the toolbar cluster button (selected objects remain on the canvas, this will change), or by drag+dropping ghx files onto the canvas and selecting the Cluster Insert mode from behind the curl.
Clusters contents can be opened as new documents via the Cluster object menu, but this code is very icky still. You can edit cluster properties by double clicking on one.
It is entirely possible that clusters will change so much in the near future that old clusters might not read correctly from 0.8.0001 files. Do not use them yet on production work and always make backups.
That's it. Enjoy,