Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

The clipboard bug has been fixed. New installer can be downloaded here.

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia

Views: 2723

Replies to This Discussion

Hi David, I think there is a bug with the BiArc component ,for the the result curve wouldnot change if the ratio is changed .Both V0.7.0055 and 0.7.0057 have this problem.

I keep getting this error message during installation:
An I/O error has occurred during a file install. this is normally ...
Corrupt installation file.
Sorry, I realize I should give more detail:
Windows 7, on a MacBook Pro running in Bootcamp. I currently have both Rhino 4 and Rhino 5 installed (For Rhino 5 I also have a 64 bit version), and I just double clicked the .exe file to start the installation from my downloads folder. Grasshopper is currently only installed in Rhino 4.
I've attached the install log
Attachments:
It claims Grasshopper.dll is a corrupt installation file. Is it possible the download got botched?

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia
That's what I thought, but I downloaded it 4 times, and each time the download seemed fine, until I tried to install. Might it have something to do with my existing installation? To wipe out the existing installation, should I just delete the Grasshopper folder in plugins?
It still won't install after I delete the existing grasshopper folder.
There's an uninstaller for Grasshopper, which you can reach via the regular windows Control Panel.

It might have something to do with a downloader service you're using. It's pretty unlikely, but maybe someone, somewhere is caching a corrupt version of the file and you keep getting that one?

But I suspect something else is wrong, not sure what yet.

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia
I restored the folder after deleting it, and tried to use the control panel uninstall, which returned an uninstall error, which makes me assume it was a problem with the uninstaller.
So then I deleted the folder along with every grasshopper.dll and GH_IO.dll that Visual Studio 2008 Express had copied into my VB.NET project folders. I tried to wipe every remnant of grasshopper off and try again with a fresh install, but I still got the same error.
Which means that there is either still an error with the uninstaller after attempting to wipe grasshopper off of the computer, or there is a problem with both my uninstaller and the installer, or simply that, as you said, there is some cached corrupt version.
If I could be absolutely sure that I had cleaned out the previous version, I would know if it is the uninstaller or the installer.

Here's the control panel error:

And I noticed that the installer always raises the error message when it is copying "Grasshopper.pdb"
You could try re-installing a previous version. I made a 2-day link to the september 17th installer.

I'll see if our installer people know anything about this.

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia
I was thinking the same thing, and just tried the sep. 3rd version which worked, but raised a warning message saying that it might not have installed correctly, and when I clicked on the option to reinstall with settings for this version of windows, it (the sep. 3rd version) installed smoothly without errors.

And after reinstalling the 9/3 version, a renewed attempt to reinstall the version posted at the top of this forum still hits the same error.

And control panel uninstall of the 9/3 version raises the same uninstall error.
I might just reinstall Rhino.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service