Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

UPDATE: Do not download this version, it has a serious bug. A fix will be available soon!

An update to Grasshopper is available from the standard location.

Fixes and Features:
  ● String Join component J input is now optional.
  ● Added a 'show-loaded-libraries' toggle to the Grasshopper Banner.
  ● Added Find to the edit menu. Ctrl+F now opens the Find dialog.
  ● Added three feedback modes to the Galapagos process.
  ● Added an extra folder in the Grasshopper Roaming Application Data folder for custom components.
  ● Added an extra menu item in the File menu to open the new custom roaming components folder.
  ● Added file system directory autocompletion in GrasshopperDeveloperSettings dialog.
  ● Added GIF, TIFF and EXIF image file formats to drag+drop component icon overrides.
  ● Added Drag+Drop for GHUSER and GHA files to the Canvas.
  ● Added docking options to Markov Widget.
  ● Invalid folder paths are now no longer stripped from the GrasshopperDeveloperSettings dialog.
  ○ Fixed yet another bug with the Insert component. Can't seem to get this one right.
  ○ Fixed a serious bug with Disposed Tooltip access.
  ○ Fixed a problem with dragged icon overrides not being deletable while Grasshopper is running.
  ○ Fixed a bug with the Galapagos threshold fitness termination and Minimize.
  ○ Fixed a bug in Galapagos that prevented the fittest genome to be re-instated upon solver completion.
  ○ Fixed a bug with the ImageSampler drag+drop image replacement.
  ○ The ghx document modified flag was set too often causing unnecessary save prompts.

Also, the most recent release of Rhino5 had a few SDK breakages. Grasshopper source code is now updated to match these changes. This also means that 0.7.0056 will not run properly on older Rhino5 Betas. If you're using Rhino4 there is no problem either way.

C# scripts will also fail to compile on Rhino5, however I added a very rudimentary auto-fix feature that attempts to rectify this. It is possible the auto-fix 'fixes' a bit over-zealously, so be sure to save your script prior to handing them off to the auto-fixer.

Enjoy,
David 

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia

Views: 355

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Let me check this one more time!
It gives me this error:

Assembly Parsing.

System Windows.Forms: The Handle is invalid
Hi David,

There seems to be a serious bug with copying components. This happens whether I use ctrl +c or Drag + Alt. Also a little while back you mentioned creating a Replace Item Component, any progress with this? It's just that since you updated the Insert Item my method for this, where I used cull index and insert component, has gone to pot. Any advancement would be graciously appreciated.

Best regards,
Danny

Yeah, I can repeat that. Odd. I'll try and get it fixed asap.

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia
Hi David,

just installed Grasshopper 0.7.0056. Getting error message (see attached) when pressing Ctrl+C to copy components. Thanks

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service