Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Grasshopper 0.6.0018 is now available for download.
This will be the last release for a while, I'll be at Siggraph all next week and in the Seattle office after August 20th. I will not be reachable before then.

This release features a crash bug fix reported by Daniel regarding null entries in Expression editors. It also has a SimplifyCurve component and the first stab at a timer object. The timer object UI is still a bit cluncky, please read the help-topic before using it.

EXE installer
ZIP installer

Enjoy!

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Robert McNeel & Associates

Views: 1800

Replies to This Discussion

cool, nice trip~
If I remember correctly from today... Loading a curve from rhino to replace a drawn shape on the canvas did not work... I can verify tomorrow.
yes, sketch objects are not loading from Rhino... My process was, draw sketch on canvas, send to rhino, clean it up, and load from rhino the cleaned up sketch...
Nevermind...once I click and drag the sketch object the new version loaded from Rhino appears. I am getting some similar "updating" issues on other graphical elements...component states, etc. Once things are clicked and dragged they update. Otherwaise they remain the same.
Hi,

I have found a little glitch in GH regarding the 'Format' function. It appears that when you use Format function to print the position of a point to the Panel (or an external file) the Z position changes to "R", instead of a position. X and Y appear to be ok.

Nice update.
Fabiano
Attachments:
hmm, very odd. Thanks for the report. I'll get it fixed asap.

--
David
I have tried the new bake options but have found a bug.
- Bakeable objects now feature a Bake... option in the menu which exposes more control over attributes.

If you have subLayers in your rhino file then you cannot bake to the subLayer (the other values will still work though).
It would also be nice that if you set the values once that they are then stored on the component. You could then select multiple components and bake with your relevant values. As it is I will still probably use a VB component to bake.
Yep... and if you nest layers two levels or more, it doesn't even display correctly in the treeview...

Thanks for the report.
Many thanks for the FileComponent :-)
Hi David. Any chance that support for the old fileformat will be added in the future? I'm only hessitating to update because it seems that I'll loose my old definitions, or am I missing something? -Would be nice if part of the definition could be unloaded eg. by dragging them out of the border surrounding the "sketch-area".
Kind regards. Tim/Erazmataz
Hi Tim,

there were a few versions of Grasshopper that would read *.wrm files and save *.ghx files. Or are you talking about something else when you mention "old fileformat"?

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Seattle, WA
I was talking about *.wrm files. Perhaps a batch converter? Which version(s) did the job?

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service