Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

An incremental release is available for download. It fixes 4 bugs in the 0.9.0005 release. To wit:

• Local data would not be read from files saved with earlier versions. This is fixed.
  • Bar Graphs had missing input grips, this is fixed.
  • Colour Swatched had missing output grips, this is fixed.
  • Cross Reference component would display an error if no inputs were connected, this is fixed.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

Views: 16807

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, I've been having fun with clusters. I wonder if anyone else has tried using a data dam in a cluster, because it seems to me that unexpected results occur when you do. No matter what interval you set the data dam to, results are outputted from the cluster instantly, even though sometimes the results are what you would expect if the data dam was operating normally.

Hey All-

David, thanks again for all of your hard work, GH is looking stronger than ever.  

That said, Im having a few issues:

1 -  So previously (last I checked GH 0.8.66) when you typed "//" after double left clicking it would come up with a panel.  Now if I type that, it shows me a panel in the popup but when I place it, I get a Division(A/B) component.  Has anyone else had this problem?

2 -  Like a few others, on larger (older Gh0.8.66) files that I am continuing work on, upon adding/changing/removing a component, Grasshopper slows considerably.  Seeing as others have mentioned it before me, I figure you have already solved or are working on a solution to the problem.  

Thanks again!

-Geoff

1 should be solved, 2 not yet. Can you email me a working large file that has noticeable slowdown on object addition?

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

1-It is solved in the current build or a future release?

2-Email sent

Thanks again!

-Geoff

Future release, sorry. 0.9.0009 by the time it goes out.

I got the email, thanks.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

I found the problem, although it's strange it didn't happen before. I must have changed the code between 0.8 and 0.9 without remembering it.

It takes ~9 seconds on my laptop to build a list of all previewable objects in the file. Something is clearly wrong as there's no way it ought to take that long. Anyway, I'm on the case now and hopefully I'll find the problem today.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

Ok, I got the delay down to <1ms for changes that do not affect the actual preview. Adding new components and removing existing components is once again instant. Phew...

Now I need to do a lot of testing as there could be all kinds of new bugs in the drawing and clipping of preview geometry.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

great news! :) hooray!

will this solution be released in a new build?

Unless I find a serious problem with testing today*, I'll release in a couple of hours.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

* and assuming I can reach the servers in Seattle I need to build the installer, it's been a bit rough these past few days.

Hi David,

I get problems with the grouping of components on the new GH:

When i delete an element within a group, the group rectangle just expands until GH crashes.

Many thanks,

Arthur

aparto of all hard work you`re doing, can you please make one change in the future gh - it will be nice when you`re coping the group to copy it as a group not just the same components connected in the same way

ROTATING KNOB

Hi David,

Thank you for developing this rotating knob for Grasshopper v0.9, it's very, very useful.

As for the user interface, I have some more requests for better interaction with possible geometries it can control:

a) "initial starting angle" of the arrow on the rotating knob (0 - 360 degrees)

b) "rotation direction" (clockwise vs anti-clockwise)

With kind regards.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service