Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

The next release of Grasshopper is now available for download.

You need Rhino4 SR9 or a recent Rhino5 Beta to run Grasshopper.

Note that you need the most recent Microsoft Runtimes to be able to run Grasshopper. You can download the latest runtimes from the Microsoft Website and be sure to get the 32-bit ones (vcredist_x86.EXE).

This release features fairly minor fixes and updates, to wit:

• Create Set component now also outputs an Index map.
  • Integer Division now has initialization code support.
  • Typing a double quote (") into the Popup will now always create a Text Panel.
  • Typing a double slash (//) into the Popup will now always create a Text Panel.
  • Typing a tilde symbol (~) into the Popup will now always create a Scribble.
  • Typing a number into the Popup will now always create a Number Slider.
  • Typing a plus symbol (+) into the Popup will now always create an Addition component.
  • Typing a minus symbol (-) into the Popup will now always create a Subtraction component.
  • Typing an asterisk symbol (*) into the Popup will now always create a Multiplication component.
  • Typing a slash symbol (/) into the Popup will now always create a Division component.
  • Typing a backslash symbol (\) into the Popup will now always create an Integer Division component.
  • Typing a percent symbol (%) into the Popup will now always create a Modulus component.
  • Typing an ampersand symbol (&) into the Popup will now always create a Concatenation component.
  • Added a GeneList object to Galapagos to allow for declaration of a large number of solver variables.
  • Expressions now automatically evaluate strings that are used as variables.
  • Added menu shortcut UI to preferences (Interface section).
  • All components and parameters on the component tabs now have an alias menu item.
  • The Custom Preview component now draws its geometry differently when selected.
  • Added Cull Vertices component (Mesh.Util panel).
  • Added Delete Vertices component (Mesh.Util panel).
  • Added canvas panning navigation via the arrow keys.
  • Added canvas zooming navigation via the PageUp/PageDown keys.
  • Toggle Enabled menu didn't work, this is fixed.
  • Default Material Preview colours were both set to red, this is fixed.
  • Recompute item in Legacy menu was only enabled when objects were selected, this is fixed.
  • Canvas tooltips might stick around after an object has been cut or deleted, this is fixed.
  • Baking via the Radial Menu would happen twice under certain conditions, this is fixed.
  • Power operator component failed for integers with non-positive exponents, this is fixed.  
  • XOR gate component was returning the inverted result, this is fixed.
  • Parameter Simplify Post-Process would fail under certain conditions, this is fixed.

Enjoy,

David

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

Views: 15676

Replies to This Discussion

:) ur welcome Crishtoph...i got it from Rhino 4 dir...i think it still impossible we can run GH.exe without install Rhino 4  first. may be David can explain it more ....

where is the installer for 0.8.0053 at? 

Hi Ryles,

It's not an official install but if you follow this link to the first page of this thread then you will find the zip file containing it. The only difference was a bug fix to the shortcut system and the addition of the "Create" menu command which allows me to assign a shortcut to the "keyword search feature"

thank you, I was giving a definition to a coworker and it wasn't opening correctly and couldn't figure out why or how I was in 53 and the main link to the doenload was still 52.

thanks,

ryan

hy,

i am having problems running grasshopper on rhino 5!

the components don't show/work 

Hi Michaela,

There are a number of problems related to this outcome. If you could help narrow it down with more of a description of what is happening.

Do you get any error messages?

Does Grasshopper actually load?

Are you running any other gh plug-ins?

can you post a screen shot of the issue?

EDIT: Here is a similar thread in the Error, Bugs and Oversights section

http://www.grasshopper3d.com/forum/topics/component-tabs-gone

One solution was to get rid of a User Object created from a cluster.

bug alert (at least i think)

as you can see, only when i graft the input do i get a tree-like structure on the output. don't really see why, since all 3 versions have separate branches as inputs...

bug alert:

if you make a Param Viewer show the data in the graphic way, the scheme doesn't adapt if you plug the input wire into another output hook that has a different tree structure

Thank you for your dedication and effort!

Hi! I would like Download the lastest version for Rhino4 Sr9? When I go to the link, it´s only for Rhino 5, Could you Help me? Thanks!

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service