Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

post here if you encounter any problems !!!

Views: 32269

Replies to This Discussion

Hi KAKTYC,

this error is due to a user name you are using which has special characters which are not suported(space, or special local characters).

the only thing i can recommend to solve this problem is to create a new user profile without special or non international characters.

best

new release for Grasshopper Rhino5 only GH 09.0014 @ food4rhino.com

When attempting to run the .msi file to install gecoforgh_installer_v1.036_gh0.9.xxxx_ I receive an error:

"A network error occurred with attempting to read from the file: C:\Windows\Installer\GecoForGH_Installer_v1.030GH0.8xxxx.msi"

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that this folder doesn't appear to exist and I'm not sure what it is attempting to read an older .msi file...

it try's to uninstall a older release where your install seems to be broken.

please uninstall manually and install again

gecoForGH08 appears in the Uninstall a program window within the Control Panel, however, I receive an identical error message when I attempt to manually uninstall. When I try to repair it I receive an error stating:

"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable." and it asks me to click the Browse button and select an alternate path to the folder containing the installation package.

Searching my computer for "geco" only yields the new gh0.9.xxxx_.msi file and not the one I need to uninstall. I can't find any trace of gecoForGH08 other than in the Uninstall window and the error message.

don't repair just uninstall it

I am unable to uninstall - it throws the same error:

"A network error occurred with attempting to read from the file: C:\Windows\Installer\GecoForGH_Installer_v1.030GH0.8xxxx.msi"

I am also, unable to find any files associated with gecoForGH08 on my machine.

download it from food4rhino and repair and uninstall it

always uninstall software!!

I am trying to add the new material into Geco.

I created a two new materials in Ecotect Element Library, but for some reason the Geco's "EcoSetMaterial" component does not "see" them. It acts like they do not exist, and over and over again loads the default materials. Even though the newly created materials are now incorporated into the Global (default) library, and each time I open Ecotect, they are present in the Element Library:

Is this a bug?

I am using the latest v1.034 GH0.9.0014 Geco, Ecotect analysis 2011, Grasshopper 0.9.0014, and Rhino 4.

Attached are your unchanged DaylightStudies.gh example file, and Ecotect Material Library file (.lib)

Thank you.

Attachments:

Dear Djordje,

This is not a bug. The set material component just works with the standard material lib as default.

For user Materials we have EcoSetUserMaterial Component to allow every Custom Material without using the indices. This Component just need the name of the material in the library.

Thanks for your feedback and we hope this advice helps you to accomplish your tests.

best

Thank you for the reply Thomas,

I used your DaylightStudies.gh file and replaced both EcoSetMaterial components with two new EcoSetUserMaterial, the way you told me.

For some reason, after the analysis from the Grasshopper is triggered, Ecotect reverses the process of Material change, and changes the material color to it's default one.
Take a look at the video:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xxo38j_ecotect-new-material_tech

The same thing happens when after editing the color of the material I add it to the Global library.

Any idea why is this happening?

Danke.

Attachments:

Hi,

as long as it is not part of the global lib and you chnage it there it will get always be reseted to the old state of the material. So add the changed material with the new color to the gloabal lib.

best

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service