Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

post here if you encounter any problems !!!

Views: 32262

Replies to This Discussion

It work perfectly 

Thanks!

you are welcome

Hi! I am exporting solar radiation values from ecotect as a .csv file because I need to read them in Grasshopper, and I´m using a file path component and a read file one in order to do that. That´s fine but when I run the weather tool in Ecotect and save solar radiation values as a .csv, it shows that these values are in (Wh) on the left window and (Wh/m2) on the right one (see JPG attached). Does anybody know in which units are these values being exported?

THX 

Attachments:

Hi owe,

this values are always rated by m² as you have to set them in relationship to the surface area

to have an overall result of the impact on the hull of the shape.

Ok, thanks!

Dear Thomas, 

When I use your script to run the peak solar radiation study, the result is random. I make sure all surfaces are correct.

Please advise.

Thanks

Chi

Site Weather File

Rhino File

Script

Hi Chi,

how are you? hope you are doing well.

The reason that the script feedback the values in the wrong way is because you have to use a mesh join component after the input mesh component and feed this into the exporter and the explode mesh component to keep the mesh organized.

post by Le Art:

......I have a question concerning the "day period" input of the insolation calculation component: is it possible to specify seasonal domains? for instance, ecotect's solar access analysis defines winter in a specific location as lasting from december to february. how would I adapt the domain of the "day period" in that case?

thanks in advance!

Hi Le Art,

just add a domain with per example day 270 to 40. This will calculate the range as you would expect it wo work in ecotect.

best 

Hi guys,

first of all, congrats for the wonderful work you've done with this plug-in! Having the opportunity to relate in real time Grasshopper and Ecotect is just awesome! (a part from the fussy errors within Ecotect, but this is not your fault!)

By the way, today I had a problem exporting a mesh.

I've got many faces of an extruded surface and after I convert them into meshes, when I try to export them into Ecotect (using the proper node) it just appears one!

I've attached the gh file.

I hope you'll be able to give me a hand.

Cheers

Attachments:

Sorry guys, problem solved!

My fault!

It was just the setting on the "Export Mesh to Ecotect" node. The "Model New" [N] option was to set to 2 instead of 0 (delete the other instances except the last one).

Cheers

Thank you for your comments Emanuele,

great that you could solve it.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service