Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi. I have been playing around with a simple definition from another thread on morphing planar curves/patterns on to a surface. In this definition the planar pattern has to be placed in the XY plane, if they are not the morphed surface is wrong. I have been trying a bit with changing the u,v intervals. The XForm.Surfmorph has i w mapping input, but i am not sure how to get this?
I don't think that I completely understands what is going on with the bounding box....

Best regards Rasmus

Views: 30857

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

I am currently teaching the EmTech, and did a workshop with DRL earlier this year. Buzz me the next time you are around, would be good to meet up.
Sure. I may come back (either that or the whole class comes to Madrid). I know a couple of Spanish guys that started the DRL this year (Manu and Roberto). I think they are due for a GH workshop.
Hey.. you're right pictures are nice.
Here it goes. The pictures shows
1. Twisted volume split using voronoi. Vicente's script.
2. One of the surfaces with cp curves from the corners.
(now I know how to make them stick, if that helps in this case)

Now i want to cut out the holes, inside the cp curves. But I don't know if that is possible when it is not planar.

3 shows what I wanna get to - but this is made from a regular from. So the cells does not match the cells from the twisted form.
Here it was easy to make the holes - using Planar surf from curves - and then morph it to the twisted surface.

That was why I wanted to try to morph the twisted pattern from picture 1 to the corresponding planar surface, make the surface with holes and then morph it back again.

There might be another that you guys may know.

Best Rasmus
Attachments:
Hi I have a similar problem to this person! I try and try to fix it on my own but I cant figure out how!!! I made a bunch of curves from points using delauney triangulation, and I want to flow it along a surface! But I dont understand how to do this using the above method.
Rasmus,

Concerning your three pictures, if you can get your voronoi on the surface as closed polylines, and the corresponding degree 3 curves inside each cell, simply loft between the two and you should have your surfaces...

yyy (??!!),

The flow along surface is explained quite clearly in this thread.. you can even see definitions attached.
Hello All,

I have been trying to tweak the above definition to suit a pattern I am trying to morph onto a surface, but for some reason unknown to me the CRV section of the definition will not recognize certain lines in my pattern (although it represents their end points) . . . . am i missing something?
Attachments:
Set the P input on your Crv component to true.
OMG THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I HAVE BEEN SLAVING OVER THIS FOR TOO LONG!!!!!!! YOU ARE AWESOME!!!
hello
I have been playing with flow along surface definition but it allows me to only input surface.
Is there any way to flow along polysurface like that?
Attachments:

That would be 'Integer' from Params>Primitive menu.

Chris

@ Rasmus

How did you go about furthering the image you posted on November 23, 2009 at 3:07am? (http://www.grasshopper3d.com/forum/attachment/download?id=2985220%3...)

Im looking to do this now and am very interested. Can you give me some key terms search for to achive this type of form? Or part of your script?

Thanks for anything :)

Thanks very much! Your discussion is very useful to my problem. Thank you.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service