Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hello everyone, it's been long time i've not used grasshopper and I tried to make a very nice tutorial from ThinkParametric for planerizing hexa panels with kangaroo.

I have a very strange problem, my equality is not working normaly, i don't undertsand why i d'ont have two consecutiv true ? If anyone has an idea ?

Views: 3290

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

He, he.

Armani was some sort of "acid"/black humor ... If you arrive on-site with Armani > your reputation (as an Engineer) will go belly up rather instantly whilst your reputation (as a tender foot) will skyrocket.

But jokes apart and for a given size of modules/project ... and if we are talking about some habitable thingy ... and with some justifiable budget in mind... planarity is a very expensive way to skin a cat. I can tell you 666,66 real-life stories where results are certainly achieved ... but at a certain price/effort.

On the other hand I would prefer to spend some dollars more on a state-of-the art envelope (the skin, that is) than creating a planar nirvana made from cheapo leaky materials/panels: devil hides in the details my friend.

It's easy to get influenced/inspired by all that  WOW curvy things around. Bu since time flies and the ephemeral reigns supreme ... imagine their rating the next decade (or the next week).

Besides as the greatest ever said: Less is ... blah, blah.

BTW: If you want description (and examples of buildings) on this patented "hinged" system provide your e-mail (it's a ~15MB "intro" PDF for curtain walls, and ~70MB for envelopes).

In fact the system was initially developed for withstanding earthquake lateral deviations on curtain walls (especially having in mind structural glazing, i.e. "frame less" panel systems )  ... then the blob was discovered (or the so called "liquid" Architecture) and the rest are history.

Get a very brief taste

Attachments:

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service