Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi ! I have a problem for closing my curves to make a surface with my hot air ballon model. Can anyone help me ? I have also a problem to unroll the strip of the skeleton that will maintain the model. They straddle each others. 

Please. 

Best, 

Nastia 

Views: 1838

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Hmm ... is this what you are after?

BTW: unroll would follow soon.

BTW: Do you want the circles ("profiles") to rotate? (for a twisting effect).

Attachments:

And the other thing (using a LOL policy for the planes, he he).

Attachments:

WHAT an idiot > you've asked a balloon and I've delivered a canister: WHAT an idiot.

Keep v2 only for canisters (and recycle v1).

Attachments:

Oh thank you very much  :))) but it is possible to unroll the surfaces like strips in a perpendicular way ? 

May the fourth be with you haha, 

Nastia 

What means perpendicular? provide a sketch with the desired layout.

What means fourth? (Force maybe? Dark option maybe?)

BTW: Do you like a bezier span (instead of the 2 circles) for defining the revolving profile?

BTW: Can I use the Dark Side for a proper unroll layout?

A bezier span ? i didn't find the definition in the dictionary. What is the "dark side" ? It's like in Stars Wars ? 

For the strip i mean like this in the photo. It will be the same for the strip to maintain the structure like a skeleton. 

Thank you for answering me, have a good day :))) 

Attachments:

A bezier span is a thingy like this one:

This is a classic way to control a profile like the one that you want by imputing 2 pairs of things per start/end curve points: (a) a vector, (b) some amplitude

The Dark Side is like a poem written in a piece of black paper using black text.

BTW: for the vertical "ribs" I barely see any reason for unrolling them all since they are identical ... same applies for the "panels" (they are also identical on a per branch basis).

They must be indentical, if they weren't i will be off the topic. The teacher want us to make a surface of revolution and to make it planar surfaces, i will join a photo :) 

I must have all of them to print them after on cardboard to make a model. 

I didn't know bezier span but why not ?:) 

Attachments:

hello bonjour

here a simple example of planar surface unrolled. 

It is very simple but look like your last screen capture. 

First points are extracted from your profile curve. Then points are rotated. Thes points are connected in quad which are  joined. A flip matrix is added because you can join longitudinal bandd or lattitude bands. 

Attachments:

Printing the horizontal "ribs"/"rings" is rather a big waste of paper (but the other way is complex) unless you fancy doing ships inside bottles (meaning: dealing with a myriad of separated blue trapezes).

Anyway ...

Attachments:

Please, i want to unroll them also, not in a lots a surfaces like in the Hot air V3, but unit the surfaces like a strip that will be identical and that I could fold to make the model :( I must have the print of all the little surface that are composing the strip. They will be in cardboard. Otherwise thanks it's great !!!
Pleease :(( my homework is for tomorrow.

En français : s'il vous plait il faut conserver les surfaces planes qui composent une bande pour que je puisse les tailler dans le carton pour les plier. Mai les assembler comme une bande. Il s'agit d'un souhait du professeur je ne peux pas passer outre.

Attachments:

OK  > get the V3A (don't forget the UHU)

BTW: Last moment panic eh? (sounds 100% the Greek way)

Attachments:

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service