Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hello, I am building a customised GH component Visual Studio (C#). I already managed to create "standard" components using the GHA assembly wizard (which is really helpful by the way!).  Now, I want to add radio buttons within my component. I started from an existing script which works (using Reflector) but I can't recovred the value button cheked :( .Can you help me?

Views: 6245

Replies to This Discussion

Adding items to a menu is easy, the problem is what happens when you click those icons. Some code needs to get executed. What functionality do you have in mind?

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

David finally I managed to make two buttons but the problem now that the component name does not appear on my device: (What is the problem? thank you very much 

Since we're overriding the native drawing routines we're also in charge of drawing the name/icon. You can probably use the protected method RenderComponentCapsule but you'll have to temporarily adjust the Bounds and make sure you only enable the drawComponentBaseBox argument.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

No david, I'm talking about  component name we defined in the Constructor ()

yes  David , you are right it works with this method  thk youu :))

Now my problem is how do I set an output to display messages "Print" ??

I ask a lot of questions, but I do not know anyone else can help me (thank you for all :) )

Now my problem is how  I set an output to display messages "Print"   ?

I don't understand. Printing from where, using what functions? Do you want an output parameter or do you want to display a print output directly on the canvas?

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

Hi David, I want both ,  first output parameter  and I also want to display a print output directly on the canvas ://

For the output parameter all you have to do is register a String output, just like any other output. If you want to draw text on the canvas you just need to place the correct call to graphics.DrawString() from within your custom render method.

If you want to draw something non-standard on the canvas it's usually helpful to post an image of what you're trying to achieve.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

thank you david :)

I try to define output type Object and another type double (I can't find in the list pmanager) :///

hi David,

my component that I developed with the radio buttons has a problem :

when I copy / paste my component by selecting two radio buttons 

the copy does not take into account that the two buttons are selected despite they are Selected !

help me 

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service