Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi guys,

I'm having some trouble patterning a brick wall with an attractor point. I tried doing this after watching a video on Design Reform on patterning with attractor points, by using the radius of the circles with the distance between the point(s).

Currently all the bricks are rotated at the same angle, how do I get it to differ according to distance from the point?

This is something I'd like to achieve:

Thanks. Very much appreciated! 

Views: 23141

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

I actually figured out my problem but now I have another. Thanks for your quick reply. Now I'm trying to get the block to repeat in a different pattern. Like the image below and not so much a ripple patter the attractor creates. How is this possible?

Attachments:

Basically is the same thing

you just nedd to add another point

please see attached file

best

m

ps:

gh0.8.0065

Attachments:

thanks for your reply! but I don't want the geometry to warp and when you open my file you can see I want the surface to remain flat but have the cubes rotate where the attractor is closest to. I did try adding another attractor and that didnt work too well and now I'm trying to use an image sampler...but that's not going as well as I thought....

thoughts? I really appreciate the help.

s

sorry...my mistake...

please see attached

Attachments:

let's see...so I can understand you..

I've seen your RH an GH files and it seems to work fine. So i figure out that what you want to do is the same but with two attractors, Am I right?

If it is that way, maybe it didn't work right just because if you are using more than one attractor you have to dispatch which cube is affected with which attractor, just measuring the distance between them and dispatching the furthest or the nearest.

If this is your problem, let me know and i'll send you a gh file explaining that.. ROIG

antonio:

am i wrong or in the last gh file i uploaded both atractors are working?

best

m

thanks again! this one does work better but I'm having a hard time making it more dynamic maybe it just takes time to play with the slider but attached below is a detail of what im going for.

for some reason the jpg is not working...

shida

you can reference 2 curves, then evaluate them

use those points instead of the ones you had

so you can move them with a slider, and eventually animate them

best

m

Attachments:

wow thanks so much!! this is great. I know I'm pushing my luck but I have to ask how do you offset each brick instead of stack like an actual brick wall. Sorry for all the questions I'm slow with grasshopper.

i figured it out! thanks so much mario

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service