Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Happy new year ! Love, Health, Nice Projects, Money and Power for all grasshopper users !

In my country (Bulgaria) we believe that what you do on the first day of the year will give the mood for the rest of the year so I'm trying to understand new things...

I downloaded Boids by Jan Pernecky and tried to do something like the flocking 2d pattern of this amazing video video (2:41) but i'm not very happy with it. You can see the first result on this image.Image of the code

For now, I have 3 groups of 3 circles with 12 points on each: blue circles (points) are used for the "Adhere" flock location and the red ones for the "Repulse" flock location. 

After, I cut the whole thing with the wire-frame of the bounding box of the emitter of the points and their mirror according to the center axis of the central circle. (red rectangle on image).

First, how can i contain the curves into a region ?(without the bounce component because it's very slow...)

I think to have a result like the one in the video, i need many other forces ? I didn't understand the "finesse" of the flocking concept... 

Is there a way to trim vectors but not just by speed but by angle or to replace them ?

I tried to put more forces like the "align" but results are bad for now: curves are too flat or not aligned at all.

The * parameter is also hard to manipulate (for nuts like me hehe): for example, my repulse forces are kind of not existing or too strong... ?

How can i use the stick geometry component with other behaviours on the same time ?

It will be very nice if someone can give some advises or share some codes to help me... first time I use agents in grasshopper... 

Thanks in advance.

Peace.

Sorry for my frenchy English.

Views: 8039

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jan,

I have started using your Boids library and have to admit it's pretty impressive. Ive been trying to achieve similar thing to Ivo and try to send the flock over a grid of circles - like in the video or in here: https://issuu.com/soomeenhahm/docs/rc6_1314_sandprint page 114. I've tried a couple of ways but none of them seem to give me anything even similar to this. Would you mind recommending how to approach this? 

Thank you so much in advance for all your help!

All the best,

Agata

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service