Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi Guys

I was quite exploring grasshopper and it is not bad.
Intuitive to use.

I was curious about the following commands:
- blend surface
- curve network
- fillet

Might those or could those be implemented at one point?

We would consider using GH in Rhino to simulate parametric
modeling approaches.

Views: 13931

Replies to This Discussion

What do you think of the T-Splines patent?

Is that a big deal?

http://www.tsplines.com/technicalpapers.html

I need the opinion of a high testosterone person. Maybe we could all do a Kickstarter to buy some T pills for McNeel's mellowwwwww comfort zoned team who exist in a prima donna-filled lifestyle business based on being begged for scraps.

Clayoo 2 added a brush tool. Another subdivision modeler plug-in. But it hasn't got t-joints.

Does that matter?

The problem with SubD modeling is that you have to think ahead instead of just do. Do t-joints help for that?

So killing the use of a split sphere that bluntly contains the artifact of a seam right through it starting the North Pole that I was blind to for a day or three, as the basis of my little target surface, cleared up the final confusion, and now both rotation around and rotation abound is automatically handled with minimal Python code, using Rhino 6 WIP, to afford a native Rhino blend surface.

Still lacking is control over the blend transition that little sliders afford in the Rhino interface:
Attachments:

I just followed your scripts and noticed how the tangency is off. Is that also because of lacking control over blend transition?

Hello

I use Rhino 5 and get this error : Solution exception "type" object has no attribute "CreateBlendSurface"

Does it mean the command has other name in Rhino 5?

What should be done? 

Regards

Shahrokh

Hi Community,

I’m also searching for a Blend Surface solution. Does one of you have a current favourite solution for Rhino 6 and Grasshopper?

Unfortunately I can’t download the latest “Rhino 6 WIP Blend Surface Via Rhinocommon I.gh” @ Nik Willmore. Is it possible to repost a current version?

I’m not into Python Scripting but is it possible use a Bulge input? For a comfortable use it would be great to choose the edge and Continuity by input.

AS Tools for Rhino 6 would be awesome!

Best

Mervyn

Trying both CreateBlendSurface() and BlendSrf-command (both curvature continuity), there is still a difference in the resolution or other mechanics. I wasn't able to join the Grasshopper variant.

The lack of a good surfacing tool for Grasshopper is really a pain for industrial design purposes - imho.

Hello Tom,

unfortunatly my WIP crashed after capturing this image, so no analysis images this time :)

My point is that there are different calculations working in both functions, while we need the BlendSrf algorithms for Grasshopper.

Here's an ad-hoc solution using only Rhino 5 GH components. 

Dave

Attachments:

Oops! Good idea... Here it is.

Attachments:

Thank's a lot!

Very nice!

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos