Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

AUTOMATE / LOOP line drawn from endpoint of previous line segment to closest point

Hi friends,

I've set up a definition that manually draws a line from and endpoint of a previous line segment to the next closest point within a random 3D point cloud. (four rounds at this point)

a. how would I feed this into a loop? is is it possible since my definition is culling the indices of the previous endpoints? tried using anemone but couldn't figure it out

b. can I cleanly extract all the curves after rounds of looping?

thanks! 

Views: 3191

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

BTW:

With regard resources consumed for the geometry part and/or response time and/or you name it  ... using instance definitions (VS the archaic other way) is like riding my (replaced) Panigale (VS any Harley).

This is apparent when you attempt to store to a R file 10K rats as instance definitions VS 10K rats as rats (ave Cesar).

On the other hand very few rendering engines can take advantage of instances (Nexus does this, but is the US movie industry talking): items are considered as items no matter how "economical" is the storage/placement/replacement policy used.

The handsome rat used has as many faces as needed for the job (i.e. as few as possible)... but a pipe as mesh may contain a gazillion of faces depending on the meshing policy used. Same for a pipe as nubrs since rendering engines ... er ... finally work via faceting.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service