Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Dear GHA developers. There have been some changes to the Grasshopper.dll SDK which may cause breakages with your GHA libraries. Since 0.9.0002 won't be released for a couple of days (we're still in the middle of testing it) this is your chance to review changes and alert me of breakages. I might still be able to put back some legacy methods/classes before a public release.

Please download and install the attached Grasshopper.dll and adjust the references in your Visual Studio project. If there are any build errors that weren't there before, please send me all the details.

Note that this dll is not meant for running, only for compiling.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

Views: 1192

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Hi David,

I just compiled StructDrawRhino against the new library (which is representative of all my addons) and only a few minor GUI breakages that I had to adjust (primarily renaming classes).  

Cheers,

Jon

If you already fixed it I suppose it's too late to ask for compiler errors? It would have been nice if all plugins would run on both 0.8 and 0.9 without the need to distribute specific versions.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

It was primarily these two method/class renames (possibly you'd marked obsolete and I hadn't dealt with it).

Method GH_DocumentObject.Menu_AppendGenericCustomItem seems to have been renamed to GH_DocumentObject.Menu_AppendCustomItem

It's argument GH_MenuCustomControlCollection renamed to GH_MenuCustomControl

Also Grasshopper.GUI.RemotePanel.GH_RCP_UI_Node and Grasshopper.GUI.RemotePanel.IGH_RCP_ParentControl were renamed (and maybe another).

If it's a break, it's a good opportunity for users to update their plugins when they update Grasshopper.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks Thomas,

Those Icon obsolete warnings should have been there for a long time. 

I can put the Menu_AppendDerivedItems back as an obsolete hidden method, then the error should turn into a warning. Please do not recompile any fixes yet, I'd like to know whether my changes work on GHAs compiled for 0.8.0066

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovaia

Yes the icon stuff is there for bit of time,....and already gone

opened a older version...shame on me

so just the menu error,....

Grasshopper.Kernel.GH_DocumentObject' does not contain a definition for 'Menu_AppendGenericMenuItem

it is now 'Menu_AppendItem

sorry for the wrong post,...

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service