Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

This script is aim to take in a BRep polysurface solid for generating a laser cutting file.
It can handle hollow forms, cantilevering masses and can generally take more complex geometry then the usual section plane-section curve algorithm. This is because of an operation which determines the middle point for notch/slot to happen, instead of the usual fixed height notching.

• Ideal script to generate massing models for complex geometries.
  • It uses a global coordinate grid to determine cutting plates location, which allows two adjoining form to be baked separately while cutting plates matching across the two form.
  • Best used in mm scale.

This is not a simple script, not intend for general purpose.
The script still relies on solid Boolean operations, thus limited to what Rhino 'can Boolean'.

I'll add more description about the script later when I have more time.
I attached a form testing file, which you can play with some forms that I've sketched.

This is my first post, suggestions and comments appreciated.
Inspired by David Fano's Parametric Truss script.

waffle_20101228.ghx, 1.6 MB is the latest script (hope it works on GH0.8)

Views: 125995

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

I just had the same problem but it works if you go to solution and bake selected.

Amazing work !Thank you so much , it is really helpful

Hello,

I am attempting to create a waffle form for the attached surface. I have tried as many scripts as possible but I have not managed to work it out. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Attachments:

can u make a sketch drawing how you would like the waffle system to be ?

I hope these pictures are clear enough.

Basically i need to get the most accurate surface curvature, regardless of the outline of the waffle's base or top

Thank you

Attachments:

is this what you are looking for ?

Hello,

Not really, i would like to have the grid located in the space enclosed by the curved surface. In other words, I would like to have a waffle structure so that I can wrap the material around it to get the shell form in the picture.

thanks

What  if I want to use only the X, I want only the X slices  ? Great job bthw 

As this might be more relevant page to ask for help. Talking about waffles, may someone please advise on this issue I am having. Please.  http://www.grasshopper3d.com/forum/topics/list-item-i-am-missing-on...

That was a script in 2010....

......now, 2018... do you have a new version for "solid waflle /laser cutting" ?

Thanks in advance

look for the Bowerbird plugin it is easy to use, you only have to add the text labels, if you need them.

works on meshes only (really fast this way) so just convert your objects first.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service