Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

If I have some polar equation for describing the movement of a point in a specific way in the plane, how can I put a curve, that connects all the places, where this point have been ...

Is that clear somehow?

Views: 7455

Replies to This Discussion

Poly Arc does a good job

It all depends on how your data should be interpolated. If you want to try and simulate a smooth trajectory then interpolating the points with a Nurbs curve (test which degree works best for you) is probably a good idea.

If you don't like the idea of the interpolation generating potentially spurious detail, then using a polyline is probably best.

Ultimately, you can even interpolate your points using the [Interpolate Data] component which allows you to switch between linear, cubic and Catmull quickly.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Tirol, Austria

Incidentally, if all your points are in polar coordinates, perhaps it makes more sense to then also interpolate them in a polar system rather than interpolating them in Euclidean space. 

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Tirol, Austria

Attachments:

Ah, the second group should be called "Map from polar to XYZ"....

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Tirol, Austria

Works beautifully. Thanks!

are you the real man behind grasshopper? did you build this up on your own? Are you THE david rutten?

I am.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Tirol, Austria

Is there any document out there, where I can find each component in this way:

Vector ===> Point ===> Point XYZ

Or do I have to do this list on my own?

If there is a list flying around on the world wide web, that you know, I would be glad, if you give me it ... Thank you ...

The tabs+toolbars work in that way. You can browse through all components sequentially...

I don't think I understand the question.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Tirol, Austria

For every component a sentece like: category ==> subcategory ==> component ... does a text document for this exist?

for example:

Vector ===> Point ===> Point XYZ

Run the attached file to get such a list.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Tirol, Austria

Attachments:

Export help from the help menu

... where to click then?!

RSS

About

Translate

Search

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by