Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

All Discussions Tagged 'normal' (37)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Evaluate Surface vector direction

Hi guys, I am trying to create a list of perpendicular vectors to faces of extruded polylines. When I am using simple rectangles as input,…

Started by Peter Koz

6 Jul 7, 2015
Reply by Pieter Segeren

Surface Eval - Surface Normal

This is a bit of a continuation on a question I had about the ordering of a point list. I am still working through the creation of geodesic…

Started by Gregory D Thomson

4 Apr 13, 2015
Reply by Gregory D Thomson

Mitering Panels

Hello, May I please ask for assistance on techniques to miter panels?  I've developed a set of surfaces and then extruded those surfaces a…

Started by Ryan Garrett

3 Nov 17, 2014
Reply by taz

surface division

Hey guys please i am trying to divide a surface and extrude the needed surfaces by the normal of each divided surface. I want to create pl…

Started by Azubike Ononye

2 Sep 23, 2014
Reply by Azubike Ononye

extrude profiles normal to curve

Hi all:  this seems like it should be an easy one, but I can't get the results I want.  I want to extrude a profile curve along a series…

Started by JESachs

2 Aug 12, 2014
Reply by JESachs

Rotate object along its normal axis

Hello there, As usual, I have some trouble with something that it looks very simple...As per the attached image, I'm trying to rotate an o…

Started by User

3 May 29, 2014
Reply by ng5 Alex

Adjust Plane (PAdjust) functionality

Hi everyone, I'm trying to get my head around the transformation used by the Adjust Plane (PAdjust) component, which matches the plane to a…

Started by Pieter Segeren

4 May 25, 2014
Reply by Pieter Segeren

Analyzing mesh for sharp discontinuities

I've been trying to develop a program that would compare each mesh face (using a quad mesh) with all of the faces adjacent to it and highli…

Started by Brendan

10 Mar 10, 2014
Reply by Vicente Soler

Orienting a new plane with 2 points and a vector

Hi, As part of solving my Catenary by Height problem, I am trying to create a new plane at a point A where the y-axis aligns with the nega…

Started by Will McElwain

1 Jan 15, 2014
Reply by Will McElwain

Simple Mesh sans Normals

With a 4point surface as an input into the "simple mesh" component; There are no Normals when using that mesh as an input into a C# or VB c…

Started by Andy VanMater

0 Nov 21, 2013

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service