algorithmic modeling for Rhino
Time: May 1, 2021 to May 9, 2021
Street: Av. Manzanares, 168
Website or Map: https://en.controlmad.com/tra…
Phone: +34 915393366
Event Type: workshop, controlmad
Organized By: Controlmad
Latest Activity: Mar 18
Week-end intensive course. Introduction to Python environment to go beyond with Rhino and Grasshopper.
Python is a modern programming language. Python is sometimes called a scripting language or a glue language. This means python is used often to run a series of commands as a script or used to create links between two other technologies as a glue. It is easier to learn and use than other non-scripting style, compiled languages like C#, VB, or C/C++. Yet it is quite powerful.
You may need Python if you want to automate repetitive task in Rhino much faster, perform tasks that you do not have access to in the standard Rhino or Grasshopper tools, generate geometry using algorithms, etc.*
*More info HERE
- To get familiar with programming using Rhino.Python, its tools and standard strategies.
- To understand curves and surfaces definitions created, which are the based for complex objects generation.
- Create 2D and 3D parametric objects using surfaces with Rhino.Pyhton scripts.
- Python components in Grasshopper.
- Program interface and syntax: Scripts generation and modules.
- Basic concepts and strategies for programming using algorithms.
- Lists, sequences and maths functions.
- Loops and conditions
- NURBS curves
- Surfaces definitions.
- Python for Grasshopper.
Dates: May 1, 2, 8, 9
Registration deadline: Monday, April 26th
Timetable: Saturday and Sunday 3,30 - 7,30 pm (CET)