Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi,

I've a msg:

Path: C:\Program Files\Rhinoceros 4.0\Plug-ins\Grasshopper\Components\GhPython.gha
  Exception System.IO.FileLoadException:
  Message: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files\Rhinoceros 4.0\Plug-ins\Grasshopper\Components\GhPython.gha' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)
  Exception System.NotSupportedException:
  Message: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.

I'm very intersted fpr use GH python.

Views: 604

Replies to This Discussion

Hi,

you need to right-click the file and click 'unblock'.

Most browsers block the file in Vista and 7.

Hope it helps,

- Giulio

giulio@mcneel.com
McNeel Europe

I'm dont understand.

i'm on xp 32 bits...

It probably happens also there :)

Please right click the file, choose Properties, 'Unblock' button.

- Giulio

giulio@mcneel.com
McNeel Europe

Hi Giulio,

I pressed unblock but when loading Rhino 5 the components became blocked again...

I tried couple of times and got the same result :(

Many thanks.

Arthur

Hi Arthur,

you should not copy the file in the Program Files folder, but rather into the Grasshopper Libraries folder, which is in a folder similar to:

C:\Users\<YourName>\AppData\Roaming\Grasshopper\Libraries

This folder open automatically if you click File > Special Folders > Components Folder in Grasshopper.

The fact that you cannot Unblock from the other folder comes from UAC: the Properties dialog does not raise its privileges to change the blocked state, so you cannot unblock files that are in the Program Files folder with UAC (this might be treated as a bug).

I hope this helps,

- Giulio

giulio@mcneel.com
McNeel Europe

Thanks a lot Giulio ! It works now. 

I saw the mesh edit component in there too, should I place all the components in this folder instead of the Program Files one?

In the words of the developer...

- Giulio

giulio@mcneel.com
McNeel Europe

thanks, i'm unblock button ...!

I had never seen that.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service