Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

How to customize the location of "special folders" in gh ?

Hi fellows,
I donot want my *.ghuser files and all my settings stored in C:/ . Is it possible to change the default settings?

Views: 1153

Replies to This Discussion

For ghuser files it should be possible, unfortunately it would be a paradox to have a setting that specifies where settings are stored. Well, there's ways around it of course.

Can I enquire as to the reason why you want your settings elsewhere?

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

Actually, I need this too. I manage computers labs at a university, and being able to put the .ghuser files in a shared location is extremely helpful, as users don't have roaming profiles, so they'd have to copy the files every time they use the plugins. I can already do the same for .gha files (in the Components folder under program files).

David,

We work in a lab and are always switching between computers. Being able to have the Components Folder located on the server would allow us to share scripts with plugin dependencies much more fluidly.

Is this possible / how?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Andres

Hi David ,

You know all the ghuser files are stored  in C:/ ,  for security , however, I perfer  to backup ghuser files somewhere  else .The question is : once I add new ghusers , I have to copy them to the backup folder .And I always forgot to do this work .Then I think if I could identify where to store them ,I could obtain a benifit .

I hope once I format my C:/ and reinstall OS ,I dont have to think hard about which files I have to transfer firstly .

Now I can reach the grasshopperdevelopersetting window to add a file path of the 3rd part libraries .Maybe you can add more options here ??

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service