Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

I get this error every time I load Grasshopper. Has anyone seeing this before? I'm running GH 0.8.005 and get the error when loading in Rhino 4 SR9

Thanks!

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'ObjectDeletedEventHandler' from assembly 'Grasshopper, Version 1.0.0.20, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyTolken=null'. at GrasshopperEvents.SafeComponent.DeregisterComponent() at GrasshopperEvents.SafeComponent.Dispose(Boolean disposing)

Views: 771

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Justin,

I think that's a callstack from a 3rd party GHA library. Did you install any additional components (fireFly, Geko, GeometryGym, HoopSnake etc.), and, if so, can you remove them one at a time until the problem goes away?

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

Thanks for the reply David,

I tried removing all 3rd party libraries and plug-ins and got same error. I then tried uninstalling Rhino and all related software completely, ran windows update then reinstalled only Rhino 4.0 SR9 and GH 0.8.005 - still getting same error. The error doesn't seem to effect anything, it's just a nuisance.

Unless anyone has more suggestions I'll just keep an eye on it and reply to the post if I figure it out.

Thanks,

-Justin

Neither the word "GrasshopperEvents" nor the word "SafeComponent" nor the word "DeregisterComponent" is present anywhere inside the Grasshopper source code. I find it also suspicious that the message box has no title text, as far as I know all of mine do.

Please check the list of additional search paths in the _GrasshopperDeveloperSettings window (use the command GrasshopperDeveloperSettings in Rhino to display this window) and post a screenshot of this window. If these lists are standard, then I'll be convinced that this is not caused by additional libraries.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

Looks like there was a legacy version of gHowl in the ...AppData\Roaming\Grasshopper\Libraries directory. 

I flushed the folder, no more error!

Thanks again David,

-Justin

Glad to hear it, thanks for following up.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service