Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi Guys, 

I wanted to have sth like the attached picture , it is Fibonacci inscribed in rectangle 

Thank you, images.jpg

Views: 15018

Replies to This Discussion

I am still working on my concept, the lofted rec are kind of roof indeed. But i m not mimicking Frank W. at all. this is totally different, when its done I will share with you I dont know how much Mobious will fit into this concept , let me think little more.. Thank you!

OK, I shouldn't post this (too complex to handle but then again do brave girls fear The Evil? he he).

Using some other stuff of mine, this is a 5 minute demo about how to use profiles ...

... (I've included 3) using a freaky thing that "makes" Planes  in order to do ramps (spot the Vodka option = Mobius + antigraviity OFF).

Don't touch the freaky things: for the moment just go and play with this palatable portion (GH components, nothing to fear he he):

depending on choice in gates: Paranoid (Mobius "shifted in Z")

sane (using corrected Planes):

not so sane:

What we have learned so far? Well ramps (and  most of other things) ... it's about Planes (coordinate systems) you know.

Again: this is for fun/demo ONLY. I'll prepare a dedicated def for your case soon.

have fun, be brave

Attachments:

I didn't have time to work out the angle logic, you just have to pick it manually until you do.

Attachments:

Thank you very much David!

Took a bit more components than I expected.

Attachments:
Vow Peter, this is awesome, especially the 3d which I was looking to make it, thank you
Best

I d like to see more curves if you dont mind and is handy for you to share, thank you

Its awesome, you must be very smart architect!

its really complicated but interesting

Thank you

It's not a "dedicated" def for your case (think of that as a fun "toy", nothing else) ... but I do some nasty things right now and I haven't found the time for a specific def for you (soon, I do hope).

"Complicated" (not really) is the freaky thing (but as I said: DON'T touch it) :

The part (captured) related with GH components is very simple/basic: orient a given profile (one out of the 3 provided, add yours as well) according some Planes (don't ask how they are made - for the moment) and do the Sweep1 thing. It's really simple.

So for your case we must use the Sweep1 2 times: (a) using a tmp solid in order to make the "reception"/opening for the ramp (per floor: bool diff this to the Brep floor), (b) do the actual ramp. Path/rail adaptation at start/end is obvious etc etc.

And why the freaky thing may you ask? Well... for many reasons (mostly related with orienting perpendicular frames with a controlled way) but ... to give you one: just imagine a ramp were transverse slope is required (a slight one) ... or ... hmm ... to give the client something to think about (Mobius paranoia, he he).

your  too expert, things are easy for you, 

thank you! 

Don't bother: we are all amateurs the one way or the other: just keep walking the walk.

Note: I see that many attempt to design things (kinda like the profiles supplied to that Sweep1 thingy) with GH: this IS NOT a path to happiness: GH is a graphical editor IT IS NOT a CAD app.

In plain English: designing via the keyboard and designing via the mouse ... it's a totally different animal. Obviously I'm talking having real-life stuff in mind, not "abstract" academic things.

In an ideal world you should been able to distinguish between "manually designed" parametric "shapes" (from Microstation to CATIA) and parametric/algorithmic topologies related with that something (GH, Generative Components, Dynamo, CATIA).

more soon, best, Peter

Do you think learning programming language like VB, Java, Python ... will make working with GH easier, or its just keep practicing more n more?

Thank you

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service