Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hello Forum, David and good morning,

I have a return on clusters, with the new version it is now possible to add a password.
I have several comments about it, first when the password is enabled I can not preserve the properties of the cluster after creating a menu with the "Create User Objects." See the succession of images 1, 2 & 3. I notice the same loss of properties when I assign a password and then removes it by replacing the password with nothing.
Regarding the protection I find it quite useful. I thank the work done.

I can not export the ghcluster when a password is active, rhino crash!
I do not quite understand the usefulness of this ghcluster because of ghuser are created.

I feel unlimited potential with this kind of custom object, that interests me less than a year now. Can be a one day "ghuser TO gha" or "GHX TO gha" with only native components of grasshopper may be possible! He always false hope!

Thank you for your answers and advice.

Views: 2280

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Hi forum,
After 15 days, i have not received à reply for this post.
I don't know, but the clustering it's verry intersting for me !

Hi Remy,

I missed your original post, sorry. I have a bunch of bugs left with Clusters to work on, including some very serious ones. I'll try and find the problem here as well.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

thank you david, I am delighted to participate in the discussion of creating user objects.

Hi Remy,

I can not export the ghcluster when a password is active, rhino crash!

I can't repeat this. Can you please give me step by step instructions on how to make this crash? Also, when it crashes, is there a crash message window?

GHUSER is a file format that isn't very flexible. I'd like to replace it with something better. GHCLUSTER can store passwords and author information and uri references and is therefore much better suited. I just need to make it possible to add GHCLUSTER files to the Grasshopper toolbars.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

David
The first use of the new user objects I had a crash when exporting an object is locked, but I have not been able to repeat this bug.

For cons, I still can not keep the object properties matter what I do.

I find it quite intéessant the ghcluster it wrong that I deepen this side the apparently.
I would to you after a test of this type of use (ghcluster).

Thank you and goodbye.

Hello I come back on this post because I found a new bug in the cluster. reminder:
Once the current password, a user objects.
  management author info, copyright etc. .. this information is lost.

Management ghuser can not keep the image associated with the components.

New bug:
Management display
In my cluster I did want to leave nothing to Display High components connected to a "custom preview".
Unfortunately points available computing output in the cluster, but rendered invisible via "preview off" are visible as well. If I open the cluster points are invisible.

I can post pictures if need be clearer.

David you are or cluster grasshopper.

Thanks for your reply

David, any progress on being able to add a GHCLUSTER to the toolbar? You're right, GHCLUSTER's referencing ability is way better than GHUSER's static unchangeable nature.

It's just a little annoying to have to go to the windows folder every time I want to input my referenced GHCLUSTER, but it definitely is more useful.

Also, any way to get properties to be maintained across instances of GHCLUSTERS? I define all the properties in the original cluster component (see pics 1 and 2). Then export and reference.

But when I open a new project and drop in the GHCLUSTER (see pic 3), it has no name or any properties. It's name is displayed as "Cluster".

Attachments:

Michael,

It's pretty funny.

This is exactly the message of my post. There is a registration issue or display properties.

Yeah sorry about that. I read your post a few hours before that and had forgotten precisely what you had said.

I'm hoping maybe this is fixed in the new Rhino 5 GH.

One limitation to "ghcluster" is that it does not block if a solution is not found in the sources folder. As files "gha" there should be a blockade if the file "ghcluster" is not present on the computer of the person who opens the file containing one or more grasshopper "ghcluster."
Another levels to data properties and icons.

Sorry, i'm not sure what you mean by a few things.

1)You say it doesn't blockade if the GHCLUSTER is not present. What do you mean by "blockade", and what DOES happen then?

2)What do you mean by "Another levels to data properties and icons." What is this referring to?

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service