Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hello,

I am creating a field aggregation with one part and another one with a different part but they are overlapping. Is there a way to check for collisions between 2 different aggregations and delete the colliding parts on one of them? Ideally I would like to create those two aggregations simultaneously assigning one part to the first field and the other part to the second field, but I cannot figure out if there's a way to do that.

Thank you in advance.

/Theo

Views: 377

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Theo,

With the current Wasp version, it is not possible to have a multi-field aggregation. However, the good news is that with the upcoming version of Wasp it will be possible to do that.

If you are interested in testing it, you can grab the latest beta release here: https://github.com/ar0551/Wasp/releases/tag/0.2.04b3

(read the installation instructions carefully, as it is slightly different than previous versions)

And here: https://github.com/ar0551/Wasp/tree/master/ExampleFiles/2.Fields

you can download the example file called "2_05_MultiChannel_Field" (both Rhino and Gh) and try it out.

Let me know how it goes.

Thank you for your answer. I do not longer need to do a multi-field aggregation, although I noticed that the beta FieldAggregation component does not have a threshold input. Did you put it in an other component or has it disappeared completely?

I removed the threshold completely from the FieldAggregation, as the aggregation algorithm is completely rewritten with a huge improvement in performance (more or less 20 times faster) and so having a threshold to improve algorithm performance was no longer necessary.

Did you need to use the threshold for something in particular?

Actually I am making several big aggregations (3000-4000 parts) as part of my master thesis and since upgrading I don't get the desired results so I am using the old components instead. Right now I really lack time to thoroughly go through the code and see what part I should tweak with. I will certainly do it in a couple of weeks.

Truth be told, the newer FieldAggregation component is significantly faster.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service