Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

please post here in case of karamba problems !

Views: 13602

Replies to This Discussion

I have built such a reinforced concrete material like this, but it does not work, and the result of this material is the same as the ordinary concrete material. Who can help me?SlabTest.gh

Hello Clemens and Matthew,

I am having problems with interaction of Karamba and Grasshopper.
Have noticed a Karamba & Octopus example on your website, but it doesn't work with the current version of Karamba.

I am using your plug-in for normal forces evaluation in the transvere wires and spreaders
of a sailboat. Mast is solved in another way, so I am not taking forces from Karamba in that case.

Basing on the forces value an adequate wire size (diameter) is choosen. Then masses of wires are being calculated. Loads (forces) on longitudinal wires are calculated without Karamba.
The problem is when choosing transverse wires’ mass minimization as a criteria, the Octopus doesn’t get any results - is changing the sliders (genes) too fast for Karamba to calculate the forces (so Octopus gets only nulls):

When minimization of a e.g. longitudinal wires’ mass (calculated without Karamba) is taken as a criteria Octopus works fine.

Which suggests that the problem is in interaction of two plug-ins.

Any ideas how to avoid that problem?

Thanks,

M.

Below some screenshots of definition part with Karamba:

Despite the ‘orange warning’ the values are correct (double checked with other software).
However I don't know why does it say that there is a part that can move freely without deformation,
as the model looks like this:

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2019   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service