Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

I updated my grasshopper and my kangaroo is gone. no! What should I do now?

PS. Dear writers of grasshopper please do not release new versions without consulting it with kangaroo as my life looses meaning without it.

Views: 517

Replies to This Discussion

Maybe you should revert back to 0.8.0004?  I usually copy the old version before upgrading...I copy the whole GH folder to another location, then install the new version.  This way if something does not work, I can always switch between the two versions.

In any case, Daniel usually is speedy with the updates...so, best practice would be to be patient ;)

The new 0.8.0006 compatible version of Kangaroo is now up at:

http://www.food4rhino.com/

(and it's not David's fault - I did get some warning, it just took me a little longer as I was trying to squeeze in a few more funky new features along with the compatibility update)

cool thank you :)

Do I just drag and drop it onto grasshopper?

Hm... strange drag and drop doesn't seem to work...

- In Grasshopper go to File>Special Folders>Components Folder

- drop the .GHA file into that directory

- Restart Rhino and Grasshopper

Thank you Daniel it does work :)  

(but only with RH 4 SR8) Is it supposed to work also with RH 5? (v.22Feb 2011)

You just need to update to the latest RH 5 WIP (there was a new one a few days ago)

Kangaroo is back! Hooray!

Thanks a lot, Daniel

I've updated Rhino V5 to the latest WIP, Grasshopper to 8.0006 and Kangaroo to 0.0.5.1... the Mar. 4th release on food for Rhino...

but for some reason Kangaroo isn't loading in Grasshopper. Has anyone else had this problem?

there aren't any errors upon opening grasshopper...   

Is anyone running the latest Rhino V5 32 bit wip, with Grasshopper 0.8.0007, and Kangaroo 0.0.5.1 successfully? 
I desperately need Kangaroo to work again..... I was going to go back to grasshopper 0.8.0005 but I don't have the install file, so if anyone has that I could really use it. 
Thanks. M

Does anyone have latest update of rh5 (10th og March) working with 0.8.0007?

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service