'@it' is a free GIS plugin for Grasshopper to parse the geospatial data sets. The plugin @it aims to leverage Open Data, to allow user to make quick visualization to reveal the invisible dimensions, relationship, patterns and trends.
The main feature is GIS data visualization utilizing spatial data sets in .shp (shape) format. There are three components for the spatial data visualization feature:
shp@it category includes generic GIS tools; supports Point, Line, Polygon vector data format
- Feat@it: is a look-up component. Input .shp file, Outputs the list of attributes (features) in the given data set and the type of vector data set
- Import@it: imports to data into as Grasshopper objects that makes easier to query. Input .shp file, Outputs the shape items as system objects [this component organizes the contents of the data set into system.objects]
- DataVis@it: Visualizes and filters the data set, input the objects from Imp@it components. Outputs the curves, points, and related filtered attributes.
IshpNYC: These are the NYC specific GIS tools (Open Data, .shp files)
- Footprint by Borough: Sorts the footprint data set of NYC buildings by borough.
- Data Binding: Binds two NYC data sets per common attribute; utilize NYC Tax property and Footprint vector data sets. Outputs shape object has combined attributes and geometry.
- NYCVis: Visualize and filter the data set, input the objects from Data Binding components.
GeoCoder: Uses Google map api (no plugin needed but u need internet connection)
- Address Parser: Parses the bad address, returns the formatted addresses and location (latitude , longitude)
- Street View: Uses Coordinates (latitude , longitude) address parser and return the static street view on the active viewport.
- [new] Address Lookup: Reverse Geocoding, returns formatted address from Coordinates (latitude , longitude)
[new] Statistics :
- [new]Coordinates2Statistics: Uses Coordinates (latitude , longitude) and returns Statistics of specified place such as Population, Elevation, land cover etc.
[new] Open Street Map OSM: Components to parse OSM data, utilizes REST api
- [new] osm_Trace : Traces OSM and returns features. Projection types UTM or WGS84
- [new] osm_3D_Bldgs: Returns 3D geometry of OSM buildings, uses UTM projection and draws in Rhino model units.
- [new] osm_Bldg_Info: Parse geojson data of OSM buildings, returns features/or tags.
Go to food4rhino page to download the plug-in.