Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hello.

I designed the shape of the roof (1,2), which I want to show using the waffle structure(3). I'm at a point in which I would like to decomposed all beams to printing but I have a problem as in the picture (4).

Previously, I had a problem with generating intersections between the two directions of the beams, but a colleague helped me by extending beams, so there was no problem with lines of intersection. But this solution has generated curl (5) at the highest vertex geometry, which I ignored in order to repair it before printing, perhaps this mean my problem with my beam spread properly. Only when the beams is 19, does not jump no problem, but I still can not distribute them properly.

(1)

(2)

(3)

(4)

(5)

I tried to show as simply as possible by removing or signing my code in GHX file.

Thank you in advance for your help

Views: 3044

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Oh yeah, that is what i was thinking about.

I spoke with Tutor from workshop, he told me that beginning of whole process was wrong and i slightly changed code from workshop with my shape, this is not so elegant and not so editable as yours but is working, splits and decomposes on ( attached file )

This is a solution for model making, for real structure probably some kind of connection like in the Madrid Parasol would be better :

Attachments:

Not nearly as interesting. visually...  And still collects water a HUGE amount of water!

Basic architecture: roofs must shed water.  Good luck with your model.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service