Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi I try to find simple solution for trimming walls with windows (substructing window from wall)

I looked at forum and try many solutions but it does not work.

It worked on  0.90014 with solid intersection but it does not work any more on new version. I tried split brep but no success...I am trying to get a wall with penetration,

Any help would be appreciated

Views: 2601

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

I belive this is very close..however I got wrong shape see images below...final results got opening there are not window shape

Weird! Can you share your file here? In the meanwhile, here is mine.

Attachments:

Thanks for all support..here are my files R5 and R4 grasshopper 0.56

I am thinking about rebuilding all this in grasshoper but this will take me some time..especially this equally spaced windows...

I tested your solution but whenever I change slide in my example results changes so sometime I can see more or less hmmm...

Attachments:

The problem seems to have been that the windows and walls were not in the same plane, so the intersection didn't yield the desired results.

So I first dispatched the windows to the respective walls, and then pulled the window edge curves to the wall. Using these edges, I was able to split the wall.

[I preferred the split surface component over solid trim/difference/etc , since both wall and windows are made of surfaces]. Also attaching the file here. 

Cheers!

Attachments:

I want to say huge THANK YOU I can move to simulations now...

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service