Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hello,

I am Jon,

Could anybody help me, I want to draw a triangle, but the triangle sides must be the same length all the time even changing the points position.

Is there any definition to do that?

Thanks

_triangle.gh

Views: 10599

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I've gone a step further and reduced the number of components by 2 :)

Attachments:

looks great but, the length of each changes, doesn't it?

can it be done keeping the same length like it is done? that's why is done with circle intersections, drawing the lines from the centre of a circle to the intersection point because that lenght will never change.

do you understand what I mean?

thank you Danny 

Lengths don't change. Same methodology of intersecting circles.

They are different from your circles because I have a different set of random circles.

I'm off home now, but I will check in here over the weekend as no doubt you will have more questions 

Hi Danny,

I sent u a message but upload the file from here 'cause I could not send it with the message

Thanks

Attachments:

Hi JonRico,

Glad to help I'll take a look, but if it's all the same to you I'd rather reply on the forum for everyone's benefit, unless you need it to remain outside the public domain, in which case we can come to some arrangement :)

Did you get it to work the way you needed with the lengths remaining constant?

Danny

Hei Danny
Were u able to solve it?

I haven't had a chance to look at it I will over lunch.

Try this as a start.

I have done three things which I have highlighted in Red. 2 are to make the data matching better as it was doing a lot of unnecessary generation of geometry.

Also I have enabled you to hand pick the centre reference point from which you wish the structure to grow.

Attachments:

Attachments:

pictures added

can you see it now?

I see now. What's your deadline as I can only spare a few minutes at a time and this looks a bit more than a five minute job.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service