Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi! How do you project the shading mask of a point and/or a surface on a stereographic sun-path diagram? (such as the ecotect images below- the left is from a point, the right, from a surface).

Thank you!

Views: 5656

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Dear Mostapha, thank you very much!

I wonder if this component works for points on vertical facade, indicating a horizontal view out of a window, for analysis of window shading design in relation to a sunpath diagram so that we know if the shading can successfully block direct sunlight during a specific analysis period.

-J

Hi Grasshoppe, Yes it does. Just put the test point in front of the vertical surface and should work. 

Hi Mostapha,

I have the following issues to get your advice:

1. the maskedCrvsOnSky and maskedSrfOnGround generated from Shading_Mask_II don't match the masked surface on sky generated by Shading_Mask

2. the view point cannot be set as the centroid of the window, otherwise the window surface itself or the wall surface will block the view point completely. Therefore, the view point on window or a vertical surface needs to be set slightly away from the surface. However, this will make the top edge of the window surface visible on the mask visualized on sky, no matter on small the distance btw the view point and window surface is ...

hope you can kindly advise!

Thanks!

Attachments:

some of the context geometries are not analyzed using the Shading_Mask_II component ... (see image and GH file attached)

Attachments:

1. The components has two different approaches. The results of shadingMask is based on patched sky but shadingMaskII tries to solve the problem geometrically. If you add to sky density then the results of shadingMask will be more similar to shadingMaskII.

2. Yes. You're right. This is a limitation and I should see if I can find a better solution for that. I think we need to split the overhead patch in couple of smaller patches to address this issue. Thanks for reporting > https://github.com/mostaphaRoudsari/ladybug/issues/165

Mostapha

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service