Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi,

I've been preparing this discussion for some time now.

I was in doubt if continue this discussion or start a new one. So here we are: a new one.

There are 2 issues that are bothering me with the radiation results, specially when comparing the results from LB with those of HB.

Issue 1: Results so different.

In the attached file upper part to the right of the canvas you see both definitions (LB and HB). The images obtained show results so different that i can't find a logic explanation (2.46 vs 41 kWh/m2 for the same period of time). I believe that LB are in the OK range. HB are to high for just 5 hrs of calculation. I don't believe the material definition are making such a big difference (though i tried to have them similar).

Issue 2: Can't get annual grid based calculations plotted.

In the attached, right side at the bottom. I get the calculation, but after connecting the results to the HB_readAllTheDSHourlyResults it takes ages to calculate and at the end rhino crashes. Can be that this is a memory problem? Or there is a way to make this work (total annual radiation for GridBased simulation)? For now i disabled the component, but i just wonder ...

Words of wisdom for both issues will be appreciated.

Thanks,

-A.

Views: 1334

Attachments:

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

M,

Give me a few minutes to dumb down the mass and apply a simple skin. I'll give you the 3DM and the GH I was working with.

M, Here we go. I stripped out a bunch of context to lean up the model.

I sent you my LB solution so you can see how I wired for floors.

There is an ON/OFF switch at the left to turn on the solution.

There is an underlying mass model from which i use GH to slice floors. I solve for one floor and use the remainder as context.

I added a rudimentary skin composed of spandrel (solid), sunshades (solid), and glazing. I just made these quickly and haven't adopted the geometry into the GH solution.

Thanks pal!

Attachments:

Here you go! (http://hydrashare.github.io/hydra/viewer?owner=mostaphaRoudsari&...)

The file may take couple of minutes to run. You may want to lock solver before opening the file.

If you have any specific question about this file I suggest to start a new discussion with a more related title.

Wow! Lightning quick...did you mean to post a 3DM and GH?

You can download it from the Hydra link. I internalized everything in the Grasshopper file.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service