Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi there,

First of all I should thank Daniel Piker and Dave Stasuik who originally developed this definition along with my tutor Jason Marks who cleared it up.

So I'm looking at combining 3D printing and algorithmic design for furniture production. Ideally I would like to be able to import a network of curves into this definition to automate the node creation process. Unfortunately as it stand it will only work for one of them.

My question is, how can I present a list of the connection points & vectors from a network of curves for this to work?

Below you can find the definition along with a few pictures of the concept and development. The white parts were modeled in Solidworks and printed on my Ultimaker 2.

If you're interested in following this project I'll be posting regular updates on my twitter: @pencil_stroke

Thanks in advance,

Charles

Views: 21973

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Hey,

I posted the final definition here which I've made as concise as possible and plug-in free except for the final smoothing step. I found this is the most robust solution.

Let me know if you have any questions.

thanks for sharing Charles and everyone else!!! I am working on some 3dprinted joints for a larger scale structure with a very similar concept of combining 3dprinted joints, rods and in our case strings... hope that once we get some results I can put together a post and share the experience and workflow

Thanks for sharing this model. Since I am a beginner at rhino and grasshoper, would you please send me the procedure of drawing for this nodal joint?

Thanks and regards,

Vahid

Thanks for sharing

Hi Charles,  

Great script, I am looking at doing something very similar for my architecture project at uni. I've downloaded your script but I cant seem to make it all function (im very new to grasshopper). What I would like to do it to create node point connections for a cube. Any tips? 

Best 

Ben

RSS

About

Translate

Search

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service