Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

I want to group my definition lines to certain Layers when I bake. But it seems that what ever I do, I always get these Layers:

Layer 01
Layer 02
Layer 03
Layer 04
Layer 05

And I can only choose one layer of these to bake definition in.

On the end of my definition I have 8 "Line" components, which I connected to the "Data" parameter, and then bake it.

Now, I want to group certain of these lines into particular layers, this is why I tried to use the "Group" component to group certain "Line" component before connecting it to the "Data" parameter and baking it. But this did not work.

How can I achieve this?

Views: 4567

Replies to This Discussion

The first connection you establish will have the first layer in this case, the second will have the second, etc.

In general, when lists with the same path are joined with each other into the same input parameter, their content is queued in the same order the connections are established.

I hope this helps,

- Giulio

Attachments:

Thank you for the reply Giulio.

Its working now, but I again I have another problem:

What if I do not want to output my "Line" components directly into the "obj" input of "bakeAttributes"?

What If I want to group some of those "Line" outputs before I input them into the "obj" input of "bakeAttributes"?

It seems that in that case, this method is not working.

Take a look at the files in the attachment.

Attachments:

See two ways to do this in the attached definition.

These are just two possibilities to put the data structure explanation above into practice.

- Giulio

worked perfectly!

now you already did a lot for me but is there any chance I can ask you for a favor?

Can you explain it to me a little bit close, why did we need the "Lng", "Dup" and "Graft" components, at first solution you presented?

These are normal tree manipulations or ways to modify lists.

A way to get started is to read the Grasshopper primer, chapter 8, page 36 to 52.

- Giulio

understood. thank you.

and "thanks" to all the other guys for the help.

Have a look at this definition if you want to also set colors by object.

- Giulio

Attachments:

Thank you Giulio.

Your script worked for that example. But did not worked for my example.

Yes I read the 8th chapter you advised me to.

Here is what I am confused of:

The data about the colors(I have 4 colors) is stored in the 0;0, 0;1, 0;2, 0;3 sub-branches of the particular list.

Now, the data from one of 3 layers is stored in the 0;0;0;0;0 and the fourth layer data is stored in the 0;0;0;0;0;0

Is this the problem I am experiencing? The difference in the sub-branch levels between the layers, and between the layers and colors?

Another possibility is to chose Bake from the flyout menu on the parameter you wish to bake (i.e. right-click on the parameter, or component, instead of choosing bake from the radial menu in v. 8.0.50), which gives you a dialog box with choices, including the desired Rhino layer (that may or may not be the Current Layer in Rhino).

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service