Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

please post here in case of karamba problems !

Views: 21519

Replies to This Discussion

Just some of them

Which of them?

I just open the benchmark folder. The shell analysis is Okay, but the others are not.

FYI, I use the free version.

Take a look at the Karamba manual. There the components are marked which are not part of the free version of Karamba.

Hi guys,

If I want to add a force in the middle of a beam, I need to create a node on this beam and separate the beam into two segments based on the node, right?

Thanks

Hi Erichen,

at the moment (Karamba 1.1.0) this is the way to do it.

Best,

Clemens

Hi,

I am attempting to run a buckling analysis on a grid shell under multiple loads cases. The model assembles and I can run the THII algorithm, but running the buckling analysis often causes rhino to crash and windows closes the application. Attached is my grasshopper file with the THII analysis set to load case 0. The file crashes if I attempt to change the load case to one of the others i have defined and results in the attached error report.

Any help in resolving this issue would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Sean

Attachments:

Hi Sean,

with my current build of Karamba I was not able to reproduce the problem.

I changed the element identifier from '1' to '1a'. In Karamba 1.1.0 using  integer numbers as identifiers sometimes leads to unexpected behavior.
Could you try to reduce the definition as much as possible? This would make it easier to find the bug.

Best,

Clemens

Thanks for your help. Using your current build seems to have fixed the issue.

Sean

Hi Clemens,

Further to my previous post, I am now attempting to iterate my previous definition with Galapagos in order to optimize the form for the minimum factor of safety against buckling. The definitions prior to Karamba are to allow the genes to manipulate the form of the shell and then kangaroo to relax the form to its "equilibrium" state.

The definition, as attached, runs fine over one iteration. However, when I run the Galapagos solver, rhino slowly uses up my computers memory and then ultimately crashes (around 80 Galapagos iterations). I don't think that the surface patch, or kangaroo are the issue, as I have run other iterative definitions through them without issue.

I believe Karamba may be occupying memory each iteration that is not released when a new iteration begins. This problem is exasperated by the fact that I am running 11 load cases, 9 of which are point loads defined over each vertex of the mesh. I ran a definition with only one load case, and it reached 170 generations (with a population of 50 for each generation). However, at this point it had occupied 90% of my computer's available memory.

Do you know of a way to ensure that Karamba purges its memory after an iteration, or is this a possible memory leak bug?

Thanks again, any help you can provide is much appreciated.

Sean

Attachments:

Hi Sean,

thank you for your bug report. This looks like a resource leak. I will check whether it is caused by the buckling calculation of Karamba.

Best,

Clemens

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service