Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

please post here in case of karamba problems !

Views: 21519

Replies to This Discussion

Ah, I have installed the GH8 version by accident. That must be it then, thanks very much!

Hi ,

It is the first time,I installed the Karamba and opeded a example file,the key battery what is called "Assemble Model" crushed.Shows Error: Solution exception:"feb.karambaPINVOKE".Which like I post in the image.

I don't know how to make it work,hope can get help from you.

Much thanks!

Yuco

Attachments:

Hi Yuco,

It may be the problem with different versions of Grasshopper and Karamba on different Rhino's.
If you have Rhino4, then you need Grasshopper for Rhino4 and Karamba 32bit.
The 64bit version of Karamba "goes" at Rhino 5.

I put the latest version of Karamba 32bit in 32bit version of Karamba Rhino5, is it cause the problem?

Do you also have the latest version of Grasshopper for Rhino 5? Not the Rhino 4 version.

If if you do, then try uninstalling the karamba, search for the karamba.dll' and 'karamba.gha files (and any other ones if there are, named "karamba... something") and delete all of them.

Install Karamba again.

I also get this error.

Any solution?

Do you use Karamba 1.0.3? What version of Rhino and GH? Did you update from a previous version of Karamba?

Best,

Clemens

I installed Karamba 1.0.3 into Rhino 5 (64-bit), GH 0.9.0014.

At installation I directed Karamba to install into my user folder under:

...\AppData\Roaming\Grasshopper\Libraries

That is where all my other GH plugins are.

I get the same error from the License component.

The problem is that Windows does not find the karamba.dll file. One way to solve this problem would be to install Karamba inside the Grasshopper folder: If a Grasshopper plug-in calls a dll then Windows searches by default the folder where the Grasshopper.dll resides. Another solution would be to place the karamba.dll (as well as KDTreeDLL.dll and libiomp5md.dll that come with Karamba) in another spot where Windows stumbles upon it by default: this could be e.g. the C:/Windows/System32 or the like (see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms682586%28... for more information).

Please tell me whether any of the two above suggestions work for you.

Best,

Clemens

Hi, I have a problem when I try to install karamba on my pc.

I have Rhino 4, my pc is 64bit  resolution and I have grasshopper (december updated). When I've installed it, the plugin doesn't appear on the grasshopper screen. Why?

Which version should be ok for me? I tried a lot of version of karamba but they did'nt work. Well, before the updating (with the previous version of karamba) it worked.

thank you

GS

Hi, I have a problem when I try to install karamba on my pc.

I have Rhino 4, my pc is 64bit  resolution and I have grasshopper (december updated). When I've installed it, the plugin doesn't appear on the grasshopper screen. Why?

Which version should be ok for me? I tried a lot of version of karamba but they did'nt work. Well, before the updating (with the previous version of karamba) it worked.

thank you

GS

Hi Giada Schioppa,

when installing Karamba, select the Rhino4 version and change the installation folder according to where your Grasshopper resides. You can look up the GH installation folder in Rhino via 'Tools/Options.../Plug-ins/Grasshopper'-properties.

When you start Grasshopper check the Rhino text window for error messages.

Best,

Clemens

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service