Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Identifying the compressional members in a space frame?

Ok this is what I would like to do:

Is there a way to determine which members of a space frame are compressed, and then replace those compressed one with new ones? For example all the members of the space frame structure have tube cross sections. And I would like to determine which one of them are under the compressional load, and then increase the size of their cross sectional area.

Is this possible to do in grasshopper and Rhino tools, addons and scripts?

Thank you.

Views: 6210

Replies to This Discussion

Can you suggest why am I getting this error?

I keep getting that error too. For some reason Karamba stopped working???

Hi Jacek,

Can you please share the recent version of the above definition? Thanks

Abir

Does reinstalling karamba solve that problem? It looks as though the library 'karamba.dll' is missing.

After installing karamba 0.9.05 your definition will not work immediately: the plugs at some components (Analyze, BoundaryCondition) changed since the last release. You can repair it by deleting the components that cause trouble, exchange them for their new versions and connect the plugs according to their new order.

Hello Jacek,

I like your work regarding the cross section design - great!

There is one phenomenon you should be aware of: karamba calculations are based on the assumption of small displacements. So if an element undergoes a rotation its length L in the final position is not the original one (as it would be in reality) but L/cos(phi) if phi is the angle of rotation.This is the reason why the elements in the upper plane in the video indicate tensile forces with increasing deflection.

There will be an output for section forces in the next version of karamba.

Best,

Clemens

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service