Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hello I have recently came across the "Entry Paradise Pavilion" in Germany and was wondering whether someone could point me in good direction on how to model it using grasshopper? I would like to be able to move centerpoints of the nodes as well as their thickness and length.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Views: 78662

Replies to This Discussion

Hey James,

Honestly I am not sure how I made it work, it was like 2 years ago, my best advice would be continuing to keep trying to simplify the meshes as much as possible, as a messy mesh isnt good for any situation.  That may help your problem, if not Im not sure, sorry man.  Good luck!

Andrew

i want this program do you have file or site for download

TNX

Hi Andrew I need help unfolding a similar mesh for fabrication, any ideas?

Hi,

I tried the files above, however, the 'kangaroo' just show  

'1. Solution exception:Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index'

Do you know the problem??

I was able to unfold and sew together the pieces.  its streched under a typical IKEA end table.  I built a base and a top for it to hide wiring for lights at the base of each foot.  The fabric is like a spandex fabric, this was my second attempt.  For the first attempt I over estimated the amount the fabric could stretch and shrunk the cut pieces in rhino by 10%, thinking this would give a good tight fit, but it was too small.  Even at 100% scale with stretchy fabric the footings had a little trouble reaching their footholds in the base and top.  So print the fabric cut outs on a normal printer at 1:1 scale, cut out, place on fabric and cut from the fabric.  label each edge and which side faces out because it can get very confusing while sewing.  Sew inside out and flip it back the correct way to hide the seams.  This used about 1 m2 of fabric.  I would suggest finding stretchable thread as well.  I used normal thread and in the seams some kinks formed because it wasnt stretching correctly from the limitation of the thread.

I also attempted building the form as a solid as well, through layering.  On each layer I placed two holes each piece for dowels to slide in so they would stack correctly on top of each other and for additional support.  I then layered plaster on top of the object, sanded and painted ... will add a finished photo soon.  the plaster will crack as it drys, but when you sand it the sanded plaster powder fills into the cracks, which you can then take a wet clothe and rub the wet plaster into the cracks, giving a smooth final finish.  The final product is 50cm tall, can support a 55x55x1cm piece of glass as the table top, fairly heavy.

Truly amazing work Andrew! Looks really nice! 

wow Andrew I love your fabric model! I know the pain of stitching as I made a human scale model and then filled it with concrete to set...wkidziak.com - fabric formwork I didn't follow the thread for some time and just noticed your comments on the unrolling software you were using - AMAZING! I have to play with it :) using Pepakura ans it was a mess.

Hi Andrew, 

I have a similar mesh but I cant seem to unfold it for fabrication. could you help me?

very interesting discussion. love the work on casting.

hello all. fantastic discussion first of all. 

i am trying something similar, but i wanted to change the "mouth" or opening profiles. i have been trying it for the attatched file. but something doent work. its supposed to be a metro station shell with walkways coming out. can anyone tell me what im doing wrong?

Did you forget to attach the file ?

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service