Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi everyone,

My apologies for the multiple posts recently.I am newbie...This problem might be very simple but I cant find any way to figure it out.

I can not run a simulation with the runEnergysimulation component it gives me an error saying "At least one of the mandatory inputs is missing".I click true and nothing happens, the terminal doesn't show.

I think I connected everything since it is a very simple one zone apartment.I build it by following almost all Chris Mackey youtube tutorials (https://www.youtube.com/user/chrismackey88/videos).

What could the problem be?

Many thanks in advance.

-N

Views: 1373

Attachments:

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Nita,

Some good news but also bad.

Attached a file where i get the geometry clean so the zone is finally a closed brep. One of the problems was that the shaded area in the corner was defined as part of the zone. You should define this as shading elements. I put at the left those geometry surfaces that are not necessary for the zone creation. Also deleted what is not necessary, just for my own sake trying to understand the mess.

The bad news is that the EnergySimulation component is giving a severe error that i can't get what is it. The error says:

[1 of 7] Writing simulation parameters...
Runtime error (IndexOutOfRangeException): index out of range: 34
Traceback:
  line 813, in groundTempData, "<string>"
  line 1070, in main, "<string>"
  line 1430, in script

Chris or Mostapha should know how to deal with this one, hopefully.

-A.

Attachments:

Hi Abraham,

Thanks a lot...I guess the freedom of many alternatives of building zones leads me to errors.I appreciate you took your time.

Cheers,

N

p.s. Working on the octopus optimization, will share it soon.

Hi Mostapha,

Thanks for writing back and sharing the file.

First I want to have results from HB of a typical base case room with opening on one side, so I can compare and justify the optimization at the end.

Then optimize the WWR for one particular location for multiple objectives by using Octopus.In this case the objectives would be min energy use, lighting level of 500lux, solar gains, total radiation on the facade.While the glazing type is a fixed parameter that I am not planning to include.

Here the problem is as you commented on the other discussion (http://www.grasshopper3d.com/group/ladybug/forum/topics/idf-import-...)

- How to weight all objectives properly? So I could get a .csv and present the results will pollination or in other graphs.

- How to do that in GH and Octopus?

- How would the iteration process go?Would there be a feedback process, where I have to go back and re run energy simulations ?(see image)Because of many objective I find it hard to design this workflow chart, and the definition.

I am a newbie, there are no tutorials online for Oct. and I find it very confusing.

I will see If I can do something with your file now.But if you have any idea that would accelerate my process of learning by doing, you would be a major time saver :D (you already are a live saver with HB and LB.)

Regards,

N

Nite,

Mostapha could answer your questions about visualizing Multi-objective results better than I could.  He's got a new visualizer coming out called Design Explorer:

https://github.com/mostaphaRoudsari/Honeybee/issues/292

Abraham,

I could not replicate your error because I need to know the weather file that you are using.  The newly-included parsing of ground temperature data is failing because it is not a conventional EPW format.  Please let me know the weather file and I will fix it.

-Chris

Hmmm....,

The epw is: ISR_Tel.Aviv-Bet.Dagan.401790_MSI.epw

The other epw's are ok. I also have some that i purchased from WeatherAnalytics that also fail.

Thanks,

-A.

Thank you, Abraham.  It is fixed in the attached file.  It looks like the Tel Aviv epw only has ground temperature data for a single depth and this caused a function that was trying to auto-assign ground temperatures for the E+ simulation to fail.  Let me know if this fixes the problems with the WeatherAnalytics files as well.

-Chris

Attachments:

Thanks Chris,

Works for the TA ... but doesn't for the WeatherAnalytics.

I'll send you a file by email.

-A.

Thanks for sending over the EPW file.  I fixed it for the WeatherAnalytics files, which did not contain any ground temperature data at all.

-Chris

Attachments:

Thanks!!

Thank you Chris,

I used Berlin.epw and enventhough @Abraham Yezioro fixed the breps I still get errors :( 

Thank you,

N

Attachments:

Nite,

I made some mistakes with the error reporting.  Try the file that I just uploaded in the last post.

-Chris

Hi Chris,

thank you!I managed to run the file, and it works finally!thanks a lot.Will continue further now with materials and u values.

I wanted to ask one more thing, if you could point out what were the problems(except of the geometry and problem with tel aviv file, so I don't make the same mistakes again)

thanks.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service